ABCD keypad or QWERTY

arnuld

Disciple
I have other post where I asked for an advice on buying a QWERTY phone. My friend had NOKIA E72, I tried typing an SMS on it. Whne you type your fingers move automatically without any intentional direction (e.g. your hand moves away if someone puts a burning paper on it even when you are thinking something deep and looking in opposite direction. Its just nervous system's reaction for which you don't need to focus). I was surprised to notice that when my fingers moved to type some letters, those letters were either opposite or somewhere else as compared to where my fingers were. In fact, I felt a lot of discomfort while typing an SMS (at the same time my friend felt itw as easier, because he practiced a lot):

I was reading on net about computer keyboards when I came across this:

ABC Natural Keyboard with the alphabetical, A-Z layout

The Dvorak Keyboard and You

So QWERTY keypad puts a lot of stress on fingers/hands. I came across LAVA B5 ABCD keypad phone. I know that build quality will be poorer and for the person who wants to send lots of SMSs I think ABC keypad would be a good idea (I myself looking particularly for a Music phone, so I won't buy this)

I am adjusted to QWERTY keypads and if I get a ABCD keybad I would be back to searching keys and typing.... :p

If you adjust to this ABCD keyboard dont you think it would become difficult for you to adjust later as it is the common standard... Unless you plan to keep using this lava mobile without upgrading I would suggest to go with QWERTY... As you wont be able to find ABCD keypads and keyboards easily....

I have only seen qwerty keyboards and keypads everywhere so why adjust to something which is rare to even find... Its very hard to give up a style once you pick it up...

ABC keyboard may be seful for starters who have no experience in computers at all

but having used qwerty for about 8 years it has been imprinted oon my synapses

so i guess qwerty all the way, despite of what the xperts might say

Back