about credit card

nornally all credit card with the VISA OR MASTERCARD LOGO are excepted worldwide but u hav to hav a lot of interest charges sumtimes,,,,,,,,,to my knowledge i hav used icici, hdfc and citibank abroad.

i have got my dad's icici debit card a grey colored one but it has no visa neither no master card logo and no other logo just te icici bank written at top also there is no 4 digit no at back

so will it be internationally accepted?

i hav tried usin my debit card on des inter site but to noe avail.......i think only credit cards work with the visa or mastercard logo............

a little word of advice dont use ur credit card on any type of inter site...only use it on reputed sites...

Bhaai said:
i have got my dad's icici debit card a grey colored one but it has no visa neither no master card logo and no other logo just te icici bank written at top also there is no 4 digit no at back

No it wont be if you are going to use it in other country.
And if you are looking to use it online.. then certainly cant be as it is a debit card.

Bhaai said:

ICICI Debit card is not Valid for International USE.:(

Debit Card with Visa/Master Card Logo - you can not use it internationally.:p

A credit card issued in India can be used worldwide when you travel, however, certain online stores like newegg and zipzoomfly *do not* accept international cards (defined as a card with a billing address outside the US).

Stick said:
ICICI Debit card is not Valid for International USE.:(

Debit Card with Visa/Master Card Logo - you can not use it internationally.:p

Yes you can, provided it's branded as a Visa/Mastercard!!

ok then what is te visa electron logo and how does it differ from the normal

visa logo can a icici card with the visa electron logo be used for international transactions which is a debit card?

Of course if it is a VISA electron then you can use it in other country wherever you find VISA logo..
If by 'internationally' you are trying to pay for something online.. then NO.. no matter what logo it has on it.. it is still a debit card and that too indian..
No international online payments possible.. even national payments possible only with those establishments which have a tie up with that bank.

OK,

number one - for international use it must be VISA/MasterCard/Diner's Club/American Express

number two - number one does not guarantee international usage!! Ask your bank!!

VISA electron sucks... most places that accept VISA don't accept the electron cards. When it comes to online stores, I'm not aware of a single site that accepts Electron in the US.

HDFC Bank allows you to create a 'virtual' credit card using your real Debit Card & it can be used for any online payment.
The best thing about the virtual card is that it can be used just once. Expires as soon as the transaction is complete. Very useful when you don't know whether the merchant is reliable or not. :D

actually i dont need it for an online payment but i need to mention the card number in a form to a company which is in US and send over the form

so in that case can i use the icici visa electron card(debit card)?

@thelord -->thanks a lot for the hdfc thing!

Bhaai said:
actually i dont need it for an online payment but i need to mention the card number in a form to a company which is in US and send over the form

so in that case can i use the icici visa electron card(debit card)?

@thelord -->thanks a lot for the hdfc thing!
NO you cant since they must have asked for the credit card... you cant even quote the HDFC virtual credit card number as thelord posted coz those expire within 24 hours..
Thing is what purpose they want the number for.. if it is to draw money then no way..

If that company/institution you're sending the form to will charge the card at some point, you might want to check with them first if they accept VISA electron cards... electron debit cards are accepted in many european countries, but not in the US/Thailand/Singapore/Malaysia/Hong Kong.

Bhaai said:
@Renegade
yeah to draw money why is it not possible?
LIke I said those virtual credit cards by HDFC expire in 24 hours. IF they can charge it within 24 hours of creation then they can draw money..

I make all my online payments using that.

^^Not sure about Visa Electron but I withdrew cash using a Citibank Maestro in the US quite a few times. However debit cards will generally not be accepted in retail outlets.

But for that you have to physically use the card.. that he can do but giving the number wont help.
You cant do that Bhaai coz it is a debit card. You cant use that number to draw funds.. only a credit card will do.

Back