AC recommendation

sz1266

Disciple
Hi guys,
I am from Hyderabad. My bedroom is of size 16 x 12 x 10. Last year, I made a mistake of buying Voltas 1.25 Ton 5 star AC because the price was great. Days later, I realised that the cooling wasn't sufficient and / or takes very long time to cool.

I stay on the top-most floor and the walls are hit by the direct sunlight. In the summer, the temperatures go over 40C.

I am looking to buy a new AC. I am not sure if I should go for a 2 ton or a 1.5 ton. I have a budget constraint of 40k.

Thanks.

1.25 ton was always going to be grossly insufficient for your cooling needs, your AC sizing was wrong. You can do one thing since your AC is only one year old, why don't you add one more 1 ton AC in the room if space permits. Switch off one of them after you get sufficient cooling. If you are going to install your existing AC somewhere else then you can install a new 2 ton AC.
Mitsubishi / Daikin both are good brands and make excellent AC's, but both will cost more. For your budget, Voltas / Panasonic 2/3 star rated models are suitable.

For that room size, you will need a 2 ton AC if you check using any AC calculator. Don't bother with 1.5 ton as it will end up being not much different.

Thanks guys. The reason why I purchased 1.25 ton was that I read reviews on Flipkart where people with similar bedroom dimensions mentioned that the AC cooled within 10 - 15 mins of usage. Clearly, that's not the case. It takes hours to even cool to bare minimum. I will check out 2 ton or see if 1.8 ton from Daikin.

Back