Accepted for Google Summer of Code 2008

Drupal is used by many projects in 0utflowsys internally ( Including mine , where i took the initiative to implement it :D )for knowledge sharing/management. Most of the others use sharepoint, but i feel drupal is better :)

OT -

greenhorn said:
Drupal is used by many projects in 0utflowsys
internally ( Including mine , where i took the initiative to implement it :D )for knowledge sharing/management. Most of the others use sharepoint, but i feel drupal is better :)

It would be an interesting read if you can come up with an article on how indian cos (at least yours) are using such OSS tools. Hope your company is ok with such things (im sure others would love to flaunt such things).

heh, the organization itself is still an MS shop. If microsoft made it , we're free to use it. but to use drupal, i had to run around to get it authorized, and the sysadmins nearly shut it down, and i had to keep it turned off for a while till i got it approved. A lot are clueless ( and some confuse free software with freeware , which due to CMMI and stuff , need to have licensing agreements in place for, and therefore , tend to discourage) There is some OSS penetration, but only due to induviduals within the co. As an organization though, we're still Microsoft's b1tch - after all , we voted for OOXML, didnt we ?

wow, I thought it was not that good in terms of oss penetration, but never imagined that its soo bad.

Regd OOXML, there was no way IT cos would have voted against it.

point is , there is still OSS penetration happening , but it is still very much swimming against the stream. Still hope that it will be changed one day :)

I dont think many people from TE applied for it. Either because we are too lazy or too busy. Gurpartap on the other hand took the initiative that will help him throughout his life.

congrats and all the best.

As greenhorn said, adoption of OSS in organisations is mostly driven by individual initiatives. Orgs tend to prefer products which are well supported(mostly by big corps).

Back