Accessory :Charge your nokia via USB!!!

SoulFire

Skilled
well this is old news , but i wonder how many are aware ?

Nokia India - Overview - Cables - Memory cards & cables - All accessories - Accessories - Find products

This handy USB charger lets you charge your compatible Nokia phone, device, or accessory from the USB port on your laptop or computer. Especially suited to multimedia devices which consume a lot of power. Travel light with the Nokia Charger via USB port CA-100. Nokia Charger via USB port CA-100 is compatible with all phones and accessories with 2mm plug.
i wonder whats the pricing n availability here.

This is interesting.
MP3 players are normally charged using USB cables - so we all run out and buy charging docks/AC adapters.
Nokia phones are normally charged using AC adapters - so we all should now run out and buy USB cables?:huh:
I am confused:huh: :huh:

All USB ports have +5V and Ground voltages. so this is one of the easiest thing (mod) to do.
just take any usb cable, cut of one end of it and solder the relevant 2 wires (+5, G) to the 2mm plug (checking the polarity), should cost not more than Rs.25 max.

deejay said:
All USB ports have +5V and Ground voltages. so this is one of the easiest thing (mod) to do.
just take any usb cable, cut of one end of it and solder the relevant 2 wires (+5, G) to the 2mm plug (checking the polarity), should cost not more than Rs.25 max.

Hey i would suggest u attach a normal silicon diode between the +5V line. Which will avoid reverse voltage and will keep both your USB port & the cell safe till some extend.

What i have done is, i was having a dead charger & a Dead usb mouse just ripped of the wire from both of them checked polarity added the diode [was having one extra]. and the result is a USB charger for free. Also have those multiple connectors for different mobiles so right now i have all in one mobile charger for free [Excluding the multiple connectors part].

Will try to make a Tutorial On this if i have few requests.......

Back