Acer 5740g in Kolkata- where to buy?

avan93

Disciple
Hello guys, after reading your feedback about the new acer 5740g i have decided to buy it.This is my first time, so basically I'm a noob when it comes to actually purchasing a lappy. :(
It would be really nice if some of you could tell me where to get the best deal.Also suggest how to get the dealer to add some freebies,ie, how should i conduct myself infront of him so as to not to come across as a noob.

offtopic:if i want extended warranty should i get it at the time of purchase or within the 1st one year?
thanks in advance :)

I guess you could check @ Eastern logica. But they will give you very high estimate. One thing is for sure that they have stock. Coz I asked yesterday. Ask for a guy to called David. He could give you good price after bargaining.
I bought two Lenovo's yesterday from the shop from where I always buy in Chandni - Vedant Computers. They give me best prices in Chandni.

Please dont go to Supreme or the Acer Mall (Elgin road)

P.S. - I would be flying out of Kolkata day after tomorrow and I would be flying back next week so if you're planning to wait for another week then I can accompany you on 20th Feb (Sat)

^thanks a lot.will let you know if i have not already bought it by then.

has anybody made purchase from technocrat , berlia infosystems , velocity compu ltd or microsolus ? do they offer a good deal ?

avan93 said:
^thanks a lot.will let you know if i have not already bought it by then.

has anybody made purchase from technocrat , berlia infosystems , velocity compu ltd or microsolus ? do they offer a good deal ?
Eastern Logica has maximum stock in Chandni. Vedant gave me better prices coz they know me and coz I was in no mood to bargain with Eastern Logica sales guy. All the best!!!

Acer 5740 - 32.65k ( Core i3 330M )

Acer 5740G - ?? ( Stocks will come in 15 days . Given approximate prices to be around 42-44k )

sabret00the said:
Which shop?

avan93 said:
yes, which shop?

Guys it is Vedant Infosys

Acer 5740

Intel® Core i3-330M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.13 Ghz, DDR3 1066 Mhz)

Intel HM55Chipset

3 GB DDR3 1066mhz RAM

15.6" HD 720p

DVD Writer

320 GB HDD

BT/ MultiCR / GigaLAN

WebCam 1.3M

4 x USB Ports

Dolby Stereo Speakers

HDMI

6 Cell

Linux

Total - 32.65k

P.S. : Sorry for the late response guys

sabret00the said:
I guess you could check @ Eastern logica. But they will give you very high estimate. One thing is for sure that they have stock. Coz I asked yesterday. Ask for a guy to called David. He could give you good price after bargaining.

I bought two Lenovo's yesterday from the shop from where I always buy in Chandni - Vedant Computers. They give me best prices in Chandni.

Please dont go to Supreme or the Acer Mall (Elgin road)

P.S. - I would be flying out of Kolkata day after tomorrow and I would be flying back next week so if you're planning to wait for another week then I can accompany you on 20th Feb (Sat)

Dude i talked to Eastern Logica today . They said it was not available .

When i asked them for an estimate and stock date arrival they said they can't say anything about it

Unfortunately ACer 5740G is not available in Chandni . It would take 2-3 weeks before it arrives

I too called them as well as Eastern Logica.Both saying i3 availabe but I am looking for i5-5650 combo :( .Wonder when it gonna arrive :huh:

these kolkata dealers are the laziest bunch.all over india its available but here they have no clue :mad:

avan93 said:
I too called them as well as Eastern Logica.Both saying i3 availabe but I am looking for i5-5650 combo :( .Wonder when it gonna arrive :huh:

these kolkata dealers are the laziest bunch.all over india its available but here they have no clue :mad:

Ezzaktly

In Kolkata 15-20 days means 1 - 1.5 months

dissel said:
I can't find any info about Acer 5740g in product page,

Acer Home

Can anyone give me any link of Acer 5740g with Core i5 wala spec ?

Is there any acer service center in kolkata ?

Yesterday I visit velocity and they claim dell have service center opened Park Street.

BTW I am also looking for a lappy as studio 15 grade with Core i5, am from kolkata too.

Acer India has not upgraded their webpage yet . Hence you can't find Acer 5740G in acer.co.in

But Acer 5740G is no let down and packs a more powerful puch than Dell Studio 15 or Inspirion 15

Its has ATI 5650 ( DX11 ) and Core i5 540 with 4GB DDR3 1066mhz and 500GB HDD . What more can anyone want @ 44.5k ?

Anubis said:
But Acer 5740G is no let down and packs a more powerful puch than Dell Studio 15 or Inspirion 15

Its has ATI 5650 ( DX11 ) and Core i5 540 with 4GB DDR3 1066mhz and 500GB HDD . What more can anyone want @ 44.5k ?

+1 to that.
well acer 5740g will truly hit the kolkata market by the middle of next week.got it from reliable sources.no more waitin' :)

I'm living bang opposite to the Dell factory store in B'lore

Incidentally my apartment is just opposite Dell B'lore office in Domlur. There is a Dell Exclusive Store at the office premises. Infact I visited it yesterday. The have a pretty good collection of Laptops and Desktops including Alienware stuff. If any one is interested can PM me the config he's looking for. I could ask for a quote and could carry it back to Kol along with me. But three things, ie. 1) I'm returning on Wednesday morning flight ; 2) Need to transfer cash to my account before I make the purchase. 3) Need to pick up the item from either my home (South Kolkata) or office (in Sec V).

avan93 said:
bump.
buying the lappy on monday.any suggestions which store to visit?

Acer 5740G is not available in Chandni Chowk. Stocks may arrive this week or next month

Until then i have postponed my laptop purchase. Unless Acer 5740G is available in Chandni , i am not buying no laptop

Hola Guys !
I r Manikanth. I was Wondering if ne one of u cud review Acer Aspire 5470g. I am in a consideration to buy this one but wanted to know if its performance is apt for gaming and graphic applications.
kthxbye

Back