ACT broadband is controlling torrents speed

Hi everyone,
I am using ACT broadband in Bangalore. Earlier I had Airtel. With airtel, I never experience any issue with uTorrent client. But with ACT I am seeing its rare the speed reached a good level. I am seeing 20Mbps when I run speedtest. But in Torrent download is below 250KBps. Upload still is pretty high, 2 to 3 MBps.

Anybody using ACT in bangalore experiencing same?
regards,
Anand

LOL. are you expericing this while downloading new TV torrents or downloading torrents using public trackers?
didn't get your question.[DOUBLEPOST=1383656296][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it depends on ur area and torrent. I have 15mbps till 40gb (Rs.999). I get download speed of 1MB for yify torrents.
would like to know how long you are getting this speed? (how old is your connection)?
if its consistent, then there could be some issues in my side.
I am seeing DHT login issues once I got this new ISP.
regards,
Anand

I dont remember facing such issues as m getting almost 5-6 mbps on torrent if something of a better quality then speed touches 10+mbps essily , m on 15 mbps 50gb plan

In my case, i am getting high torrent speeds compared to HTTP downloads. I use 2Mbps and at times, i am getting torrent speeds upto 900kbps :shock:

I am using ACT from June 2013. Speed is good, but when goes down it takes 3 to 4 days to repair. Happened once for me. Otherwise FUP is better than airtel.

I have been ACT for almost 2 years now. No throttling for torrent. SOmething else must be the problem (Although, I only use private trackers)

Wow here I thought I was the only one with this problem. Almost all torrents don't start at all (stuck at connection to peers or metadata) while a few download at ridiculous speed (i got ~9.3Mb/s for one). I'm on the 15mbps 50gb plan..

Edit : I unticked Enable NAT-PMP and UPnP (preferences>connection)and it started working properly again! Although the ridiculous speed is still there.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread to know whether ACT is counting uploads in FUP or not?. Although their website still specifies UPLOADS are not counted in FUP the company already dropped it few months back.

try a Glasnost test to confirm if they are throttling torrent traffic. Have you tried changing the port forwarding number

Speedtest.net, especially when using the default 'closest server' shows inflated speeds. Better try http://www.dslreports.com/stest/0. Or even better, start an http/ftp download in a download manager with around 4 segments and check the speed.

This has been happening with me too, albeit not on ACT, I'm using MTNL Mumbai, and when I select Hathaway server I get 0 Ms ping and 3 mbps speeds...

Other 5 servers in Mumbai show accurate and consistent readings..

Back