ACT Broadband Launched in Chennai

swatkats

Skilled
First of all sorry for posting this if you already knew this.

Tariff plans for Chennai:
4TvLNTP.png

Availability:
  • Abhiramapuram
  • Adambakkam
  • ADYAR
  • Baby Nagar
  • Besant Nagar
  • Indra Nagar
  • Kalashetra colony
  • Kasthuribai Nagar
  • Kotturpuram
  • Madipakam
  • Mandaveli
  • Mylapore (LUZ corner)
  • RA Puram
  • Santhome
  • Taramani
  • Thiruvanmiur
  • Velachery
- Service Taxes Extra
- Uploads not are counted in FUP.

Customer care: 044-42840000

Last edited:
Bad Move though, Just concentrated in an around the IT Corridor, Localities like Annanahar, Mogappair, Shastri Nagar not even looked into as they are new into town scared about the fact metro is being built along these lines, they didnt want to invest in their infra!

Bad Move though, Just concentrated in an around the IT Corridor
Their plans clearly indicate that they're looking for high end users who can spend 1k+ on Broadband. Anyways always a Good Option for Chennai which is facing lack of Internet options, By the time i look back at this thread next year i should be able to see a lot of areas covered.
Next What - I expect YOU BB to RIP these plans. They've been good at this. :)

Just a Heads up - ACT also launched officially in Eluru,Andhra pradesh.

lAbyK4j.jpg

* Looking at their Recent launches.. I think that ACT may well restrict itself to South India for the next 2-3 years.

These plans are too costly . Here in Mumbai We are getting 10 mpbs unlimited for Rs.900 min in the most undeveloped parts of Mumbai. I dont know the situation in Chennai. If this Isp plans are better then your Local isps and BSNL .Then go for it otherwise its not worthwhile from my point of view.

Last edited:
These plans are too costly . Here in Mumbai We are getting 10 mpbs unlimited for Rs.900 max in the most undeveloped parts of Mumbai. I dont know the situation in Chennai.
This is the most ridiculous thing i have read on forums. 90% of the mumbai suffers without proper high speed connection that too under 1k, your claims are pretty funny.

I am talking about cablenet Connection. Now the prices have reduced for 1 Mpbs unlimited to Rs.500 at most places. I have done this check by asking many people who live in Mumbai at different places,Considering this situation . I can say they are charging pretty high and that too after you reach the data limit you go 512 kbs . I mean come on they are ripping you off buddy. That's why I am pointing that out. Sorry about the above. I should have say Rs.900 minimum rather than maximum .

ACT Fibernet has already shifted gear towards underground cabling and was awaiting approvals, Malladi said. It had planned to roll out a massive underground network - of over 1,500 km - at a cost of over Rs 300 crore, he said.
Moreover, ACT Fibernet had planned a capital expenditure of around Rs 500 crore for back-up plans to ensure 100 per cent redundancies (back-ups). It had also multiple redundancies even for upstream international bandwidth providers. “We have two service providers Airtel and Tata to deliver the upstream international bandwidth, each acting as a redundancy for the other,” he said. Even the data centres now have a backup. “We have ensured our Bangalore and Chennai operations are interlinked and distributed so that one acts as a back up for other.”

http://thehindubusinessline.com/inf...-cr-on-underground-network/article9743118.ece

First city to be taken underground by ACT. Congratulations Chennai :p

Is ACT still distributing to end users via CAT cable or have they started taking individual fibers to each house and terminating at an E/GPON?

Back