ACT Broadband - Plan updates 2017

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Seems like ACT has updated the plans from March though I am not sure if all of the plans got updated.

upload_2017-3-1_1-34-18.png

upload_2017-3-1_1-36-11.png

Mine got upgraded.

Low end plans got 25% extra data and high end around 20%.

Not really excited. Today's data needs are like that.

We need at least 500GB FUP limit for A-Max 1050 with 60Mbps speed and post FUP speeds should be at least 15Mbps.

Actually for the above plan including all taxes we are paying ₹1200 per month.

Sure. Launch your own ISP.
Become my investor I will launch surely.

For ₹1200 post FUP speeds have not been increased since many years. It's just 3Mbps only.

What is the use of increasing FUP limit if post FUP speeds are not increased at all.

3Mbps is so low IMO.

Finally ACT started with 512kbps bullshit after-fup speed. Though on lower end plans but still .. 512 kbps on fiber[DOUBLEPOST=1488338694][/DOUBLEPOST]mine got upgraded from 50mbps to 60mbps and 150gb to 200gb iirc. good thing I guess

ACT should think of becoming a True Triple play provider and give competition to Jio [emoji14]

Found your PM on Digit.
You'all are rich only na saar. Why make fun of the gareeb here.
That plan was 1.3 years old one. It got shelved due to demonetisation and other personal reasons.

Swatkats, A PM is a private message. It should not be displayed like that.

I am a middle class man Swatkats like everybody else.

Plan Name Tariff Speed FUP Speed After FUP
ACT Essential 2999 100 Mbps 300 GB 2 Mbps

^ This is my ACT plan...:banghead:

Is the upgrade plan only applicable for HYD ???

Plan Name Tariff Speed FUP Speed After FUP
ACT Essential 2999 100 Mbps 300 GB 2 Mbps

^ This is my ACT plan...:banghead:

Is the upgrade plan only applicable for HYD ???
Maybe or maybe not but increasing just 50GB is not enough but Post FUP speeds should also be increased.

What is the use of giving 300GB while giving 50Mbps as it will be over within 2 days.

What really matters is post FUP speeds?

If JIO FTTH comes then it's a Game Changer. I mean the JIO Broadband.

If JIO FTTH actually comes then the competition gets real interesting.

Then there will be many players like Excitel, ACT, JIO which will offer good plans competing with each other in Hyderabad.

Maybe or maybe not but increasing just 50GB is not enough but Post FUP speeds should also be increased.

What is the use of giving 300GB while giving 50Mbps as it will be over within 2 days.

What really matters is post FUP speeds?

If JIO FTTH comes then it's a Game Changer. I mean the JIO Broadband.
slow fup speeds are because people get addicted to high speeds and by experiencing slow speeds they buy additional gb. business decision really.

I hate that they bought 512 kbps back into the picture

^ We Hyderabad users have become greedy. ISP's like Excitel should satisfy our hunger.

Unnecessary downloading is a past thing according to ACT.

Figure out how much data you consume and subscribe.. Post FUP bandwidth is just for name sake > Presumably for decent browsing experience on Devices connected through router!

^ I went to a wedding of a friend who's family runs (used to run) beam fiber. They became filthy rich by selling beam to ACT but that uncle was saying that now most of the decisions are taken by the board who's in USA.

I don't know his name. My friend sri ram father is beam fiber owners' older brother[DOUBLEPOST=1488363203][/DOUBLEPOST]btw sri ram is the guy who got married

This is the message I got from ACT:

Dear Customer, Congrats for a FREE Upgrade @ NO EXTRA COST. Your ACT Fibernet plan speed has been increased from 50 Mbps to 60 Mbps and FUP from 150 GB to 200 GB effective from 1st Mar'17

Seriously I am out of words,

Last edited:
Back