ACT Broadband - Plan updates 2017

I was on a 50 Mbps plan till 90GB, and 512 Kbps after that (for Rs. 1099 before tax), and now they've added an extra 50GB, taking the total to 140GB. I rarely go through 70GB in a month, so it doesn't make much use to me..[DOUBLEPOST=1488382895][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm from Chennai by the way!

Does ACT give plans separate from website like Hathway? They've changed their Delhi plans but they're not competitive to others. I guess people who don't know about Hathway real plans or have poor reliability from other ISP might try.

Don't like these sort of plans, most people willing to spend 1k+ on internet would like higher FUP and most of the data is peered too. Other people probably won't need the speed mostly too. I guess it was Ok 5 years ago when HD wasn't the norm and most big downloads were occasional torrents.

Jio 4G plans are better than these.

f9rb6Qh.jpg

I don't know what the F*** is wrong with ACT in Bangalore.

Even Jio offers a GB for ₹7 that too on wireless and these people charge ₹13/GB on wired?

In Hyderabad low end plan per GB cost is just ₹5 and ₹13 in BLR .. 170% more per GB!

256kbps is not even broadband according to law of the land in India.

Bangaloreans kick out ACT FOR NEXT 1YEAR & teach them a lesson.

Last edited:
Can't. I would love to, but I can't.

I need the unlimited upload and Airtel isn't in my area. The Hathway manager hasn't even heard of the 25Mbps truly unlimited plan or the 50Mbps 1.5TB plan either.

Jio 4G plans are better than these.

f9rb6Qh.jpg

I don't know what the F*** is wrong with ACT in Bangalore.

Even Jio offers a GB for ₹7 that too on wireless and these people charge ₹13/GB on wired?

In Hyderabad low end plan per GB cost is just ₹5 and ₹13 in BLR .. 170% more per GB!

256kbps is not even broadband according to law of the land in India.

Bangaloreans kick out ACT FOR NEXT 1YEAR & teach them a lesson.

They're actually better than Chennai's plans! [emoji4]

I don't know why there is so much hue and cry over ACT Banglaore plans, the recent upgrade provided by ACT Bangalore is EXCELLENT, one of my friends called yesterday and he was very happy as his ACT BLAZE 1049 plan was upgraded from 50 Mbps/60GB to 60Mbps/100GB. Yes, there is a difference between plans throughout the country but it is not a new phenomena.

I don't know why there is so much hue and cry over ACT Banglaore plans, the recent upgrade provided by ACT Bangalore is EXCELLENT, one of my friends called yesterday and he was very happy as his ACT BLAZE 1049 plan was upgraded from 50 Mbps/60GB to 60Mbps/100GB. Yes, there is a difference between plans throughout the country but it is not a new phenomena.
You are happy that ACT gave great upgrade right.

What we need here is Excitel like plans eh.

No FUPs...

You are happy that ACT gave great upgrade right.

What we need here is Excitel like plans eh.

No FUPs...

You mean Excitel 20mbps internet + 30 mbps peering + 100mbps LAN = 150mbps plan ??? :p

I was using Tripleplay in Gurgaon which was far far better than Excitel's deceiving plan.:cool: 50mbps unlimited for 1500 INR Inclusive of tax.

Note: ACT Broadband upgraded my plan FUP from 300GB to 400GB.....I'm one happy customer for now.:)

Excitel doesn't give 100mbps LAN(if that wasn't a joke) and peering speed is important I feel. A local isp here is also offering 50mbps for 1150 on fttb so I guess you have to have fiber for that. I think ISP can give 50+50 on fiber for 1150.

Because post FUP speeds are not fair.. Atleast 2mbps post FUP would have been good.. At 512kbps, even gmail's rich version doesn't load..
The recent upgrade was perhaps the best upgrade that happened till date.. I remember starting with ACT @ Rs1049 for 15mbps 30GB.. which is now 60Mbps 100GB :)

This is some Newbie in Chennai offering 700GB per month for the same price where ACT is giving 350GB. Not demanding i want more and more from ACT as long my connection is running 24x7 but see even look at the Terabytes FUP's limits even from Hathway FTTH.

Looks like wholesale broadband prices have hit rock bottom. Once the real fun will start from JIO will start selling bandwidth to ISP's.

Details: https://dreamdth.com/Thread-TIC-Fiber-broadband-TCCL-Fibernet?page=3

You mean Excitel 20mbps internet + 30 mbps peering + 100mbps LAN = 150mbps plan ??? :p

I was using Tripleplay in Gurgaon which was far far better than Excitel's deceiving plan.:cool: 50mbps unlimited for 1500 INR Inclusive of tax.

Note: ACT Broadband upgraded my plan FUP from 300GB to 400GB.....I'm one happy customer for now.:)
where are the triple play plan rates mentioned ? the website shows very expensive plans

where are the triple play plan rates mentioned ? the website shows very expensive plans
Yes the website shows ridiculous amount of plans with different price.:D If you call their Customer care, they only give quote for unlimited plans at 5,10,20,50 & 100 Mbps. I was using 50mbps plan for around 1500/-(all included) and their TOP plan is 100mbps Unlimited @ 2250/-.

I'm one happy customer in Bangalore.
What started off with 75mbps and 100gb- since I have taken 12month plan.
It now stands at 75mbps and 200gb.
I ain't complaining!

I'm one happy customer in Bangalore.
What started off with 75mbps and 100gb- since I have taken 12month plan.
It now stands at 75mbps and 200gb.
I ain't complaining!
Ohh
Don't complain until Jio FTTH arrives. Then maybe there will be a reason to wail eh buddy.

Back