ACT Broadband - Plan updates 2017

Ohh
Don't complain until Jio FTTH arrives. Then maybe there will be a reason to wail eh buddy.
This jio fiber meme will die very soon
Maybe you are mistaking jio's entry with Google's
By the time they will come to you for which is there no definite timeline if you don't live in Mumbai, maybe one year or two.
By then your isp or other isps will offer you similar plans then there wouldn't be a reason to go for new isp which will go down even more than my sister does in a month

This jio fiber meme will die very soon
Maybe you are mistaking jio's entry with Google's
By the time they will come to you for which is there no definite timeline if you don't live in Mumbai, maybe one year or two.
By then your isp or other isps will offer you similar plans then there wouldn't be a reason to go for new isp which will go down even more than my sister does in a month
You are underestimating Jio's Fiber service. They have their infrastructure ready.. Its simply 1,2,3..

1. Install a ONU
2. Install a GPON
3. Pull the fiber to your home.

They don't want to waste time on Rolling out Wireline services in every nook and corner but complete 90% 4G coverage and go for FTTH.

FTTH is a small venture compared to 4G.

PS: FTTH For dummies http://www.fs.com/blog/abc-of-pon-understanding-olt-onu-ont-and-odn.html

Even so JIO is a Game Changer since Google Fibre might never see light here.

This will shake things up for all others and bring in the best for end users like us.

They have already laid down the infrastructure even before the announcement of JIO and you are talking about false prophets.

Let the Light shine upon us so that all competitors will bring the best plans possible.

That doesn't mean that all existing customers will jump to that band wagon since the existing ISPs will bring deals like JIO does right!

You can reply to my comment even after 6 months and you still won't see their presence out of Mumbai
True this. I'm Expecting FTTH here in Hyderabad next year. But that doesn't mean they won't expand anywhere.. I have personally followed Jio infra rollout in 2-3 areas and have an idea how they intend to rollout.

What's the difference between Jio and providers which give connection to LCO? I guess Jio can increase competition and reduce prices, they have done similar in mobile but in long term they seem to be falling in similar prices. I guess it will provide better stability since a lot of LCO are bad and just there because it's tougher to deal with government and cable cutting. Don't think FTTH speeds will really justify the cost, isn't FTTB enough? I think best it will do is provide good uniform prices in lots of places, but to those getting the best deals today, not sure how much difference it would make.

Except for Google services, Upload speeds are bad on any site be it Dropbox or Speedtest.net

6143506942.png
6143509992.png
6143515674.png

I met a couple of Jio guys at chai sutta shop. They asked me if I had prime and If I didn't, they'll recharge it for free. (should not have recharged it earlier :p )

They were even saying speeds will increase like hell after march and also saying fiber is expected next year along with tv channels(probably IPTV) and an ola competitor too.

They were pretty pumped up saying jio will kick airtel's ass/ internet ass/ ola's ass etc. I asked them why my calls weren't connected at first time. He said operators are sabotaging jio network and jio to jio calls will connect in instant with HD. I said I don't care but I'll disconnect jio if calls are not fixed after april. He said wait for april and then decide. Lets see.

I met a couple of Jio guys at chai sutta shop. They asked me if I had prime and If I didn't, they'll recharge it for free. (should not have recharged it earlier :p )

Time to stake out the local sutta khoka/tapris.

It makes sense for reliance to upgrade everybody for prime w.o any recharges. They ll have to subscribe to some plan or the other..
It is like the stories I used to hear, that failtel's Mittal used to gift SIM cards freely to people he would meet. After the initial balance runs out, the card holders will recharge it. Profits will follow after some token balance given.

For Hyderabad, Those whoever is on 410 and 650 monthly plan are getting June and July months at 50% discount.

Just inquire and avail them. If they are not offering. Ask for disconnection and they shall give. You shall save around ₹750.

Apologies for the OT, but didn't feel this warranted a new thread.

My ACT bills are generated on the 1st of the month and are due by the 15th. I usually pay the bill at the start of the month itself. However, this month I decided to pay the bill on the 15th. However, today (14th) I got an email and SMS from my credit card provider stating that I have been billed automatically by ACT.

Rs. X,XXX.XX was spent on your Card XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on 14-JUN-17 at ATRIA CONVERGENCE TE. This transaction has been processed without the additional factor of authentication prescribed by RBI.

I have NOT signed up for automated payment of my broadband bill and this has me concerned. Has this happened to anyone else?

I remember the payment gateway ACT uses has this option called "automatic payments" which is ticked on automatically. You must not have seen that during paying last time. I assume your card is a credit card and not a debit one

After excitel, now pioneer broadband is killing the so called meager data plans of ACT .

AB5Ncad.png

I think ACT should move to an unlimited model soon or double FUP limits. They have one plan 10mbps in Delhi.

btw my broadband bill went from 1208rs to 1239rs. GST effect I think. Mine is 1050rs plus tax plan[DOUBLEPOST=1499100701][/DOUBLEPOST]
After excitel, now pioneer broadband is killing the so called meager data plans of ACT .

AB5Ncad.png

I think ACT should move to an unlimited model soon or double FUP limits. They have one plan 10mbps in Delhi.
how to know if pioneer broadband is available in my area?

Back