ACT Broadband speed with netgear wireless router

technofast

Huh?
Adept
I have an old Netgear JNR1010v2 model wireless router which is working well. Since I am on ACT 175Mbps connection I noticed that this router does not give the required output speed of 175Mbps when I check with speed test. I get a maximum of 100Mbps speed only. However, when I connect the fibre cable directly to my laptop or desktop I get the desired speed of 175Mbps. Do I need to change the router or is there anything I can fiddle with the router to get the maximum output of 175Mbps speed.

You would need new router. This one is with 150 Mbps bandwidth and possibly WAN port capped to 100Mbps where as your desktop/laptop has Gigabit WAN port mostly.

You would need new router. This one is with 150 Mbps bandwidth and possibly WAN port capped to 100Mbps where as your desktop/laptop has Gigabit WAN port mostly.
Ok. Can you please suggest any wifi router. Will be connecting through wifi couple of laptops, few phones, Android box, firetick.

If you need similar basic router at about 1K, TP-LINK TL-WR841N

If you need AC router at about 2K, have a look at TP Link Archer C50; at about 1.5K TP Link Archer C20.

Back