ACT Fibernet launches in Delhi

Seriously, after so much waiting... What BS plans!
Hathway is giving better stuff in Noida, with Spectranet threatening to make its own mark. The latter has a presence in Delhi as well, and has made some serious progress in Gurgaon.
What plans are Hathway giving in Noida? Their Delhi plans are worse than Airtel in terms of FUP and you have to pay for 3 months which is pathetic. And Spectranet is only giving FTTH connections in big apartment societies. I don't think they have expanded in Delhi for the past 1.5 year.

From what i understand they're trying to compete with Airtel than other small isp like Excitel or Ani.
Excitel coverage is big, but AFAIK they are mostly giving service in colonies, where there are already 50 different cables hanging everywhere. Not sure if ACT will enter those areas, Airtel doesn't. They give connection with LCO so their general quality and CS might be lower. I think SITI has coverage in some areas where ACT is coming. They have 50mbps no FUP, but UL is 2mbps. But most people don't care about UL speed.

I also see new white cables without any advertising in some flats so they might be expanding soon. Hope other ISPs with better plans expand and improve their reliability so ACT has to improve their plans. Their plans are poor but reliability and uploads should at least give them connections in Airtel only locations.

What plans are Hathway giving in Noida? Their Delhi plans are worse than Airtel in terms of FUP and you have to pay for 3 months which is pathetic. And Spectranet is only giving FTTH connections in big apartment societies. I don't think they have expanded in Delhi for the past 1.5 year.

Spectranet has enlisted only one Noida society on their webpage, but they have expanded in two other residential sectors last I inquired. They do not offer Joy Ultra in Noida or Delhi, but they do have something in their kitty which neither failtel, nor ACT (sadly) can match.

Yep, Hathway's three month package is what I was referring to (Rs 1035 x 3, 50 Mbps, 40 GB monthly DL limit, 1 Mbps Post FUP)
But even if going for their monthly plans, they offer 50 Mbps and 1 Mbps as post FUP speeds (25 GB DL limit.)

Download speeds max out at 5.7 MBps on torrents. For Rs 1035, this is something failtel is yet to beat in Noida.

Anyways this is totally rubbish and completely impractical. :p

That is a nice way to sugarcoat all that scary stuff. :blackeye:

Last edited:
I personally few folks in delhi who are willing to pay even 3k for high speeds and decent FUP. Those unlucky fellows are all Airtel Broadband customers who have 4mbps max feasibilty.

Btw, These SOHO are quite good and same as chennai one's but Residential plans are not.

Btw, These SOHO are quite good and same as chennai one's but Residential plans are not.

Precisely the reason that I did not leave any jibes in my last post. Those plans are half decent, and the hopes of getting Hyd like plans been fizzling fast. Realization has been sinking in since past few weeks now.

Just like how we (NCR+Del) people been hoping against hope that failtel will bring some respite, the cycle has got some momentum due to ACT, and now we hope that competition will one day get us all Indians feel united with these fiber cables (speeds).

Here's another ISP in an area where ACT is active. Saw the plans yesterday:
http://webridersinternet.com/packages.html

Similar to spectra and AFAIK their service is good. That said, will these ISPs actually deliver promised speeds all day? 1 Mbit line is around 300 so they should have max "contention ratio" of 8-10. So speed should lower below acceptable if 20% of users are heavy dling non peered stuff. Quite possible with many users nowadays.

Either domestic bw has separate price and int be is lower or much lower % of users exhaust speed with non peered stuff.

I'm not sure, how ACT will be able to expand in Delhi, Where there are likes of ANI network.

ANI.png

Last edited:
Back