Act Fibernet launches in Jaipur & Lucknow

Does ACT want to offer good plans only for new cities? Ignoring old customer base??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@samiryadav I can concur the upload speed on Sikka has become horrible even on my unshared plan.

Code:
$ ./speedtest-cli --server 6432
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from Sikka Star powered by Sikka Broadband ...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Retrieving information for the selected server...
Hosted by YOU Broadband India Pvt Ltd. (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 82.933 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 50.92 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 13.54 Mbit/s

$ ./speedtest-cli --server 4663
Hosted by Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 90.257 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 79.64 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 13.71 Mbit/s

Tachyon on the other hand is still faring better,
Code:
Testing from Tachyon Communications Pvt ...
Hosted by YOU Broadband India Pvt Ltd. (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 88.143 ms
Download: 93.21 Mbit/s
Upload: 39.14 Mbit/s

Hosted by Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 53.428 ms
Download: 77.70 Mbit/s
Upload: 64.45 Mbit/s

@samiryadav I can concur the upload speed on Sikka has become horrible even on my unshared plan.

Code:
Hosted by YOU Broadband India Pvt Ltd. (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 82.933 ms
Download: 50.92 Mbit/s
Upload: 13.54 Mbit/s

Hosted by Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 90.257 ms
Download: 79.64 Mbit/s
Upload: 13.71 Mbit/s

Tachyon on the other hand is still faring better,
Code:
Hosted by YOU Broadband India Pvt Ltd. (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 88.143 ms
Download: 93.21 Mbit/s
Upload: 39.14 Mbit/s

Hosted by Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 53.428 ms
Download: 77.70 Mbit/s
Upload: 64.45 Mbit/s

according to them, TRAI has directed them to reduce upload speed as home broadband connections are not leased lines.
SOME BS right?

according to them, TRAI has directed them to reduce upload speed as home broadband connections are not leased lines.
SOME BS right?

Even speedtest against their own server gives poor upload speed.

Code:
./speedtest-cli --server 3385
Hosted by Sikka Broadband (Lucknow) [0.41 km]: 1.338 ms
Download: 145.03 Mbit/s
Upload: 16.00 Mbit/s

Looks like i am going to cancel my subscription in the next renew cycle.

SOME BS right?
Complete BS. How come ACT provides 1:1 upload then? However end of the day Home Broadband is Pooled up bandwidth!

You may not get full dedicated download/upload speeds!

Even speedtest against their own server gives poor upload speed.

Code:
./speedtest-cli --server 3385
Hosted by Sikka Broadband (Lucknow) [0.41 km]: 1.338 ms
Download: 145.03 Mbit/s
Upload: 16.00 Mbit/s

Looks like i am going to cancel my subscription in the next renew cycle.

I am also looking for other options like ACT /JIO but unfortunately both are not yet available at my location.
They both have 1 to 4KM distance to cover to get to my location.They both have given me timeline near end of june.
Hopefully they will expand and cover my area and i will switch.
You also can get in touch with them to see if they are available at your location or not.

One good thing about sikka is their uptime and complaint resolution.

Complete BS. How come ACT provides 1:1 upload then? However end of the day Home Broadband is Pooled up bandwidth!

You may not get full dedicated download/upload speeds!

I told them the same thing and also provided proof that tachyon etc is offering symmetrical connection speeds over all broadband plans.
They still insisted that TRAI has directed them to do so during the inspection and also told me that other operators to follow the same trend soon.

I get full bandwidth of my subscribed connection UPTO their NODE at all times. (which TRAI says that broandband provider needs to provide 80% of the speed at all time TO THEIR NODE)(basically LAN of LOCAL ISP )
(STUPID TRAI giving them room to play with us.)

NOT just to their node but in general i get full download speed of my connection at all times.(not considering the servers with are too far from my place or are not cached somewhere in India)
Upload speed are now 1/4 th the download speed or even lower .

do check speed on singtel server at singapore.[DOUBLEPOST=1559129072][/DOUBLEPOST]
SOME BS right?

dont agree. I am getting symmetrical speed on bsnl fiber line .Doesnt look TRAI directive .Bsnl would be first to implement such TRAI directives .

do check speed on singtel server at singapore.[DOUBLEPOST=1559129072][/DOUBLEPOST]

dont agree. I am getting symmetrical speed on bsnl fiber line .Doesnt look TRAI directive .Bsnl would be first to implement such TRAI directives .

8297954690.png
8297952509.png
8297957214.png
8297959226.png

8297984021.png
8297962976.png
8297964861.png
8297971097.png

8297975968.png
8297978700.png
8297986424.png
8297988742.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1559233790][/DOUBLEPOST]Requesting members to post ACT speedtest to various servers around the world......[DOUBLEPOST=1559234282][/DOUBLEPOST]@swatkats please post some speed test results of your internet provider.

Last edited:
Look at Ahmedabad plans. Seems like they're targetting potential JioGiga customers with such plans. 300Mbps//2500GB For ₹1899!

After complaining to Sikka my upload speed has improved.

Speedtest to Sikka server

Code:
$ ./speedtest-cli --server 3385
Hosted by Sikka Broadband (Lucknow) [0.41 km]: 1.388 ms
Download: 147.57 Mbit/s
Upload: 154.86 Mbit/s

Bangalore
Code:
Hosted by YOU Broadband India Pvt Ltd. (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 122.309 ms
Download: 112.64 Mbit/s
Upload: 75.64 Mbit/s

Hosted by Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 104.564 ms
Download: 96.10 Mbit/s
Upload: 76.89 Mbit/s

Anybody has ACT lucknow customer care numbers? I tried the two numbers listed on their website +91-9121212121 and +91-7288999999 but they are always busy.

I had ACT installed today in Lucknow. Luckily, the WAN ip is publicly routable and is not CG-NAT.

Here is a speedtest to their bangalore server,

$ ./speedtest-cli --server 7379
Testing from ACT Fibernet...
Hosted by ACT Fibernet (Bangalore) [1580.62 km]: 57.092 ms
Download: 142.69 Mbit/s
Upload: 118.66 Mbit/s

Last edited:
Back