ACT Fibernet upgrades and Extra bonus 2019

ACT or rather Beam in Hyderabad was the only ISP that has consistently and repeatedly given no cost upgrades on its plans voluntarily even in the absence of competition.

ACT or rather Beam in Hyderabad was the only ISP that has consistently and repeatedly given no cost upgrades on its plans voluntarily even in the absence of competition.

Agreed.

But I am not a fan of their cutting post FUP speeds. I remember I was on the top tier (before gigabit speeds) and the post FUP speed was cut down from 10 mbps to 8 and then 6 and finally now it's at 3/4 mbps.

8-10 mbps is good enough for HD video streaming, 3 to 4 mbps is them being greedy.

Agreed.

But I am not a fan of their cutting post FUP speeds. I remember I was on the top tier (before gigabit speeds) and the post FUP speed was cut down from 10 mbps to 8 and then 6 and finally now it's at 3/4 mbps.

8-10 mbps is good enough for HD video streaming, 3 to 4 mbps is them being greedy.

True, but FUP limits are reasonable and there is also option of FlexiBytes+.
Never had to go go past FUP limit recently. My last month usage was about 400 GB odd out of 1250 GB. I will have 1500 GB FUP from this month. That's 50GB/day.

^^ A GB is down to Rs.1 to Rs 1.20 at 100mbps (Some fool was promising a GB for 3Rs at this point of time, When he'd actual launch) hint: Hai hai.

ACT has been already facing stiff competition from Excitel and Excell and the likes!

Even Airtel is offering Unlimited GB's (3TB) on its plans!

Rs.1/GB and at 1Gbps .. WTF.. Only For Chennai :eek::eek:

08-08-18_ACT_CHENNAI.JPG

Why are these types of plans not coming to Hyderabad or Bangalore? I mean seriously, doing like this will kill the brand loyality and switch to the competitior like Jio Fiber without Second thoughts!

Why aren't these Wired Broadband ISP's learning from the fall of Airtel-Vodafone-Idea due to Jio's Massacre! ACT is trying its best to lock people in to long term duration plans giving 6 months free on a 12 months plan, Some got 6+2, For Some 10+4!

Why aren't these Wired Broadband ISP's learning from the fall of Airtel-Vodafone-Idea due to Jio's Massacre! ACT is trying its best to lock people in to long term duration plans giving 6 months free on a 12 months plan, Some got 6+2, For Some 10+4!
Did you get this 6 months free in 12months plan? should I call customer care about it>?

Why are these types of plans not coming to Hyderabad or Bangalore? I mean seriously, doing like this will kill the brand loyality and switch to the competitior like Jio Fiber without Second thoughts!

I dont trust long term plans. You can't threaten disconnection to get better plans/more data or just switch ISP's in case the service goes to shit

Did you get this 6 months free in 12months plan? should I call customer care about it>?
Bhai in chennai 1049 -1,000GB plan. 12+6.

I dont trust long term plans. You can't threaten disconnection to get better plans/more data or just switch ISP's in case the service goes to shit
You go for long-term plans, only if the service is decent i believe. For me, its has been good, But recent upgrade last month was not applicable for my 6+2 plan and even in case i wanted that new plan i was asked to pay more 200 rupees and lose 2 months benefit, I asked them to buzz off.

Jio will offer 100mbps Truly unlimited for 699/799 and I'm ready to jump the ship and 3 days more and we'll get to know the Official plans! :D

Jio will offer 100mbps Truly unlimited for 699/799 and I'm ready to jump the ship and 3 days more and we'll get to know the Official plans! :D

Jio always comes out with a bang and disappears with a wimp as it happened with their 4G network. Cannot even get decent speed now in their 4G network. Hope this does not transpires to their Gigafiber plans.

Jio always comes out with a bang and disappears with a wimp as it happened with their 4G network. Cannot even get decent speed now in their 4G network. Hope this does not transpires to their Gigafiber plans.
^ Only 1 disadvantage.. The fiber from the nearest ONU will be aerial. Hanging on poles.
These folks don't have Underground wiring in colonies, Its on their own poles, So no issues of cutting also. Well planned!

Unless they are able to give some crazy plans, people won't likely change at least in cities like Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore. Based on leaks so far, the plans are nothing revolutionary. They have to do something like 1Gbps for under 2000 rupees to get the subscribers..

Even for 4G, they were able to capture customers mainly because they were able to blatantly flout pricing regulations for a long time, thanks to their political friends. None of their competitors would have been allowed to do similar stuff.

Beam/ACT at least in Hyderabad has always updated their plans based on their infra capabilities irrespective of the competition. Pretty soon, they will likely upgrade the plans again.

Airtel however will at a disadvantage except in places where they have fiber instead of copper. Airtel is doing FTTH in our township and offering plans of 300Mbps for Rs 2000.

They're interested in locking customers from shifting to Gigafiber i guess! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_132537.jpg
    IMG_20180827_132537.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 269
ACT has changed the cable in the junction box and also in the router inside the home. When enquired they told that they would be increasing the speed by next month and hence replacing the cables in Chennai.

Back