ACT FIBERNET: Why we will never offer Unlimited Plans

Similar thing happened to me but with BSNL. Their record didn't match my usage, like at all. I raised a complaint but didn't know how to prove it. Their office employees are all clowns. I even met the GM and the AGM but it was useless.
If someone knows a tip or two I'm all ears. I don't know how true this is but theu said the server is in Kolkata. If possible I would like to get the raw data usage info directly from their server.
They have just started putting in Jio lines in my locality. Being a t2/t3 town I honestly am not sure how good it will be despite their assurances.
One thing is to install a data cap on your router. I dunno how to go about it sadly but I do take screenshots from my router page. It's way less than what those morons tell at ACT.

Guys, I called ACT and their engineer called me. He showed me his stupid data usagewhich was incorrect af. I don't watch 720p videos, I don't download stuff but they still claim that I am at fault here. If anyone else has incorrect data usage issues, please do let me know. I would probably need some help.

ACT is struggling to give 1TB data stating it is more than enough and most of them do not even consume 50% of it.
While I see huge streaming increase and WFH production. 3300GB FUP/month is also nothing for an decent user.

Some of them are opting for dual connections Jio Fiber and Airtel Fiber to keep the work going getting up to 6.6TB data advantage per month and bills do not even cross Rs.1800/month (28 paise/GB).

This is competition dude.

Atria would be out of market, if they do not match Jio Fiber plans, this is for sure.

Last edited:
So I'm hearing and saw on one forum that users who are being offered Unlimited plans when they're disconnecting and moving to competition.

While the soft FUP limit is same as Jio/Airtel.

So I'm hearing and saw on one forum that users who are being offered Unlimited plans when they're disconnecting and moving to competition.

While the soft FUP limit is same as Jio/Airtel.
Where exactly did you read that. Hoping i can try that out or something lol. My plan is no joke going to expire in two days (act), and although i kinda do want to go for airtel, disconnection process is something i'm not willing to go through at the moment and having to get a new airtel connection with online classes going on everyday.

Where exactly did you read that. Hoping i can try that out or something lol. My plan is no joke going to expire in two days (act), and although i kinda do want to go for airtel, disconnection process is something i'm not willing to go through at the moment and having to get a new airtel connection with online classes going on everyday.

I have ACT Blaze Plan with 100 Mbps with 450 GB FUP with a rental of 1085/- + Tax. I have been offered with 300 Mbps Unlimited (FUP of 3300 GB) for 3 months within same rental. By than they should have new Plans to counter JIO and Airtel.

This was offered to me since I requested for a disconnection.

I have ACT Blaze Plan with 100 Mbps with 450 GB FUP with a rental of 1085/- + Tax. I have been offered with 300 Mbps Unlimited (FUP of 3300 GB) for 3 months within same rental. By than they should have new Plans to counter JIO and Airtel.

This was offered to me since I requested for a disconnection.
That's actually the same plan that even i have i think(bangalore). How did they offer you the upgrade though? Did you call support and tell them you wanted to disconnect? And is it just for 3 months or as long as we want?

Interesting, It looks like they are going for wait and watch and stop the disconnections by offering Unlimited.

Take the advantage guys!

That's actually the same plan that even i have i think(bangalore). How did they offer you the upgrade though? Did you call support and tell them you wanted to disconnect? And is it just for 3 months or as long as we want?

I tried to reach Customer Care for disconnection request, but could not reach them. I dropped a mail to customer care and posted the same in Twitter and after couple of follow ups on twitter finally they responded after 10 days. Later the executive promised me the speed and FUP and he said it will be with immediate effect. I did not get the promised speed , I am still waiting for the committed Speed and Data limits to be reflected in my account .

It will be for three months for now. They are coming up with new tariffs and I will be migrated to it once they are available.

I tried to reach Customer Care for disconnection request, but could not reach them. I dropped a mail to customer care and posted the same in Twitter and after couple of follow ups on twitter finally they responded after 10 days. Later the executive promised me the speed and FUP and he said it will be with immediate effect.

So I am still waiting for the committed Speed and Data limits to be reflected in my account .
Oh lord, i sent them an email yesterday telling that i wanted to change my payment plan from 6 months to per month basis instead. Can't believe it took you 10 days for a response though, and the worst part is that online exams are starting soon, and the plan expires on the day right before i have enough time to get a new connection from any other isp :confused:

Oh lord, i sent them an email yesterday telling that i wanted to change my payment plan from 6 months to per month basis instead. Can't believe it took you 10 days for a response though, and the worst part is that online exams are starting soon, and the plan expires on the day right before i have enough time to get a new connection from any other isp :confused:

I have not made any payment yet for this month and my connection is still intact. I will make a payment only when they have honored their promise.

I have the disconnect request still open. I have JIO Fiber as alternate connection so can afford to loose this connectivity :)

CC numbers are pretty much non-existent.

Have to raise a request through the App for help. Connectivity issues are fixed at the earliest.

Billing and payment -It's taking some time.

Social media support is controlled by Bots.

I have placed a request for disconnection in anticipation of getting a data boost.

Received a request number today via sms, but haven't received a phone call yet.

They have time till 28th of this month. In Hyderabad also, no response.

No upgrade, disconnections would start.

1500 GB FUP - 200Mbps @1999. Are you kidding me?
One could save ₹500 and get 100mbps more with extra 1800GB with Airtel/Jio!

You get better connection stability with Airtel or Jio and access to apps!
Post automatically merged:

One of the dudes have been lured. Bangalore.

IMG_20200920_030452.jpg

Just checked with airtel.. saying my location on 40Mbps. Although the 999 package is good but the speed is a no go.
Seems I'm stuck with act for now

Fyi I'm in Bangalore

I'm planning of shifting to airtel's 1499 + tax plan which comes with 2 postpaid sims, landline and well of course fiber with uptoi 200 mbps and unlimited data. Hopefully i atleast get above 100 mbps which is what i'm getting with act now. And i was able to successfully switch my plan to per month basis but damn it's way too overpriced (1280 pm)

Just checked with airtel.. saying my location on 40Mbps. Although the 999 package is good but the speed is a no go.
Seems I'm stuck with act for now

Fyi I'm in Bangalore

I used to have same problem when I was in Noida. One location 40 Mbps, another location 100 Mbps

Back