ACT FIBERNET: Why we will never offer Unlimited Plans

I have not made any payment yet for this month and my connection is still intact. I will make a payment only when they have honored their promise.

I have the disconnect request still open. I have JIO Fiber as alternate connection so can afford to loose this connectivity :)

I got my speed increased to 300 Mbps. And I was told that the data of 3000 GB has been credited to my account.

My Wi-Fi router doesn't support a Wi-Fi of 300 mbps so thinking if I should invest in a new router.

I got my speed increased to 300 Mbps. And I was told that the data of 3000 GB has been credited to my account.

My Wi-Fi router doesn't support a Wi-Fi of 300 mbps so thinking if I should invest in a new router.
Which city are you in? I'm not sure if they are doing it for everyone, only if they think there is more competition in that area.

So far so good with Airtel..
With WFH these days and over usage of Netflix, ACT's 450gb FUP was just not cutting it anymore.
Got the ACT connection temporarily disconnected stating that I may return after 3~4 months and hence they haven't taken away the cable.. Will use Airtel in the meantime and decide later if ACT brings better plans in future

Which city are you in? I'm not sure if they are doing it for everyone, only if they think there is more competition in that area.
I am in Bangalore. I thought of switching over to Airtel but constrained with 40MBps in my area.

I already have JIO Fiber as well, so it was easy to negotiate. I dint have a dependency, I made it very clear if they cant match the speed and FUP Limits I'm fine with disconnection.

Story relevant to unlimited data:
Someone I know, deals in big business. He was negotiating getting datapipes for a large known company. In simple words, the company wanted to stream content from their indian servers to its millions of users. Datapipes are like internet connections provided by big players like airtel to other big entities.
The final amount they reached was something like 18-20 Lakh / month for 10 Gbps. I may be a bit off. But the numbers were similar. Why so costly ? Because data was 5 petabytes. Data costs people.

Nothing great.

Bengaluru at this moment. Its phase wise.

Thank god, its not 10GB FUP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200925-033849~2.png
    Screenshot_20200925-033849~2.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_20200925_035611.jpg
    IMG_20200925_035611.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
If i'm sure they give you around 1500 gb flexybytes if you pay for 6 months or 12 months at a go. It's still there in my account and i have used only around 300 of those flexybytes so far (and my plan is going to get over soon!).

If i'm sure they give you around 1500 gb flexybytes if you pay for 6 months or 12 months at a go. It's still there in my account and i have used only around 300 of those flexybytes so far (and my plan is going to get over soon!).
That offer is no longer available now..

lol, are they increasing it again? I remember getting that email in june, got another a few days back. Bangalore btw.

They had increased the tariff plans couple of months ago. I don't see any increase recently maybe they are increasing the tariff in the areas which they had not done before. However the data has been increased more than double now.

Let's discuss about Price Hikes and Speeds upgrades here:
Topics related Speeds/Issues could be discussed on this thread.

Last edited:
Back