Advice: Laptop under 50k with a 15 or 16" full HD 1080p

sz1266

Disciple
Hi friends,

My friend from Hyderabad is looking to buy a laptop for heavy development use, movies and casual gaming. His initial idea was to buy this model - VPCEB16FG : E Series : VAIO

It seems the above model or models with 15/16" displays with 1080p have a shortage :huh:!

So, he is looking for something similar... Please advice. Thanks.

Preferable specs:

Intel i3 / i5

4 GB RAM

15" or higher with full HD 1080p

Radeon 5650 1 GB

Possibly good looking

Budget: around 50k

Preferable brands: Sony, Dell, HP, Gateway, MSI etc.

He doesn't want Acer & Toshiba since he had bad experience / got tired using those brands.

Thanks in advance.

the model you are looking is the best for the money...

But if you need to try others, You may configure dell studio 15 with full hd, but comes with 5450 ati.
or xps 16 with full hd, but it comes only with core i7 and dell does not give a core i5 option:mad::mad:

Hi,
I too am lookin to buy the EB16, but till days all the shops including Sony world say that sony has stopped shipping the model!!!! Is it true??:(

If your friend can extend your budget to 73k, then go for Dell studio XPS, its the best lappy with stunning visuals and a power packed Proccy to get all the job done.

there were earlier issues of this lappy being heating up, but mate, Dell has taken care of it and its warm(not hot) for Tasking applications.

If Dell gave this one with i-5, would knock out everyone in the competition.

:)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Finally. he ordered Vaio EB16. Lucky to get one.

Not sure if this is true but the shopkeeper said that Sony would be launching EB26 soon with i5 CPU and hence it discontinued EB16. Even if it launches this new model, I am not sure whether it would have HD display. If it doesn't have a HD display, then why would Sony launch EB26 since EA16 already has an i5 CPU :confused:

sz1266 said:
Thanks for the suggestions.

Finally. he ordered Vaio EB16. Lucky to get one.

Not sure if this is true but the shopkeeper said that Sony would be launching EB26 soon with i5 CPU and hence it discontinued EB16. Even if it launches this new model, I am not sure whether it would have HD display. If it doesn't have a HD display, then why would Sony launch EB26 since EA16 already has an i5 CPU :confused:
The shopkeeper is partly correct as the new sony vaio EB26 will be launched soon but it wont have an i5 CPU instead a higher clocked i3-350@2.26GHz compared to earlier i3-330@2.13GHz and no need to worry about the screen, it will be a FULL HD screen. And EA16 is a 14 inch laptop where as EB series has 15.5 inch screen.Here is the link for the specs of EB26:

VPCEB26FG : E Series : VAIO

Currently this is the best laptop i can imagine

VPCEB26FG

VAIO E Series is equipped with a 15.5 (39.37 cm), 16:9 Real Wide display with Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel array for Full HD videos and installed with ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ GPU for high-resolution video gaming. The Glossy tr

• Intel® Core™ i3-350M Processor 2.26 GHz

• Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

• 15.5 (39.37 cm) wide (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight

• ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics

• Instant web browsing: Quick Web Access button

• Isolation keyboard with 19mm full key pitch and numeric keypad

The FullHD dsiplay is just awesome you have to see it , then you wont look at any other laptop display.

Currently this is the best laptop i can imagine

VPCEB26FG

VAIO E Series is equipped with a 15.5 (39.37 cm), 16:9 Real Wide display with Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel array for Full HD videos and installed with ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ GPU for high-resolution video gaming. The Glossy tr

• Intel® Core™ i3-350M Processor 2.26 GHz

• Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

• 15.5 (39.37 cm) wide (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight

• ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics

• Instant web browsing: Quick Web Access button

• Isolation keyboard with 19mm full key pitch and numeric keypad

The FullHD dsiplay is just awesome you have to see it , then you wont look at any other laptop display.

Having just purchased this one, I have to agree with Quadmaster.

It really is a very well rounded machine with no obvious shortcomings. Crysis at 1024x768 runs very well with no appreciable lag.

Thanks to the memebers of this forum who helped me decide on this, and put an end to utter confusion!!!

CeDrIc said:
Just ordered a VPCEB26FG, will be delivered on 7th Aug. Waiting for it.

Where did you place your order for vaio EB26? i dont know of any official sony website which delivers laptops in India.

Back