PC Peripherals Advice need for PSU

Vignesh

Adept
Am planning to upgrade my existing PSU. The ones I have in mind are

1. Antec TP 550W
2. Cooler Master Realpower 450W

I checked out the specification of both Antec TP and CM RP, both are kind of similar except that the CM RP is a dual 12v rail model.

Does the dual 12v rail offer any advantage over the regular one? If I start overclocking on the dual 12v rail, will it be sufficient?

Specs for CM RP 450W

+3.3v 30
+5v 35
+12v1 18
+12v2 16

For the Antec TP550
+3.3v 32
+5v 40
+12v 30

Thanks,
Vignesh.

wait a bit for the antec truepower 2.0 series .. think they should have higher amps on both 12v rails

Dual rails are beneficial if you have (and intend to o/c a lot) a powerful cpu as well as a modern gpu card both of which depend upon the +12V for their supply. if you do not o/c then a dual +12V rail is not mandatory or needed.

Antec have released their TP ver 2.0 and Smartpower ver 2.0 series. Both have dual +12V rails.

Thanks for the clarification deejay. I would be running a o/c'd cpu as well run a mild o/c on the gpu. I guess I will wait for the TP2.0 series to be available here. Until then will make do with my el cheapo mercury 350W..

Vignesh said:
Thanks for the clarification deejay. I would be running a o/c'd cpu as well run a mild o/c on the gpu. I guess I will wait for the TP2.0 series to be available here. Until then will make do with my el cheapo mercury 350W..
You can get a antec neopower as well. The realpower 450 is a psu i'd really recommend if not for the crappy pricing in india. It costs 6.5K :|. Put in 500 bucks more and you have a neopower which is a far better PSU.

@Chaos - I had enquired about the CM RP prices they were quoting somewhere around 4k for the 430W unit. And the guy kept insisting I buy that :lol:
I will check up again with those guys for the RP 450W. I'll also check up the Neopower prices here. Bangalore prices are always crazy high :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Back