Advice on Basic Home Color Printer (All in one - scanning included)- 5k -7k Budget

vercetti

Skilled
Please recommend reliable Color Printer for home usage with printing for my dad around accounting info, color copies for tickets, etc

Summary of requirements
  • Color Printer with both color and black and white options
  • Reliable/Durable
  • Economic cartridges (most important)- My dad takes a usual number of printouts (around 60 per month) and the current HP printer cartridge costs me 450 INR for a set of color and black&white (so 2 cartridge for 450 INR)
  • A4 and Letter size page print
  • Would be great if it can support printing via phone or other options but not a must.
  • Connectivity: Wireless is a plus else USB connectivity is ok.

Budget - 5000 - 7000 INR

Saw the below as #1 in some sites but review is pretty bad

Around 60 Pages mate...I have mentioned that in the initial post.

@chetansha the second option has cheaper ink but but also needs more frequent printing to avoid any clogging. And also not to mention is twice as expensive.
Clogging happens if you don't use it at least once a week. With a basic inkjet. Is that likely in your case ? say if he only does a run at the end of the month instead of every week in the month.

Ink tanks from what i've heard tend to be more resilient to this.

My printing volume is irregular, i can print a bit then go several weeks with nothing so i ended up getting a laser. B&W only.

I was looking for paper today, went to a print shop and looked at the various GSM type paper. I was using 70 gsm earlier, this is your typical photocopy shop quality.

Decided i would go with something better and ended up picking up 85 gsm. Warmer white and slightly thicker. Worked out 30 paisa more per page.

Says bonded but i've always thought that was thicker, well 100 gsm is more in the bonded category for me.

Last edited:
Back