Audio Advice on buying new headphones

Goku

Disciple
Hi, i was planning to buy new headphones with mic for both gaming and music. My budget is around Rs 1000 - 1200 :D :D . I came across one model, Altec Lansing AHS-502 and was planning to buy them.. so i wanted some advice on how good this set is and if ther is something better than this. Im looking for some headphones which give me good bass effect and is good for gaming too.
So plzzzzz gimme some advice.

chaos, he did read it, he want specific info on those headset, i asked him to create a new thread.. he want something with a mic [headset] or if these cans are too "faltu" then the HP 800 or HP840 or perhaps thje zalmans...

Thx for ur reply chaos.. ive read tht thread but most of them have said tht the phillips ones are very hard to find and also i think they dont have mic which is absolutely necessary for me. I just wanted to know how good the altec lansing one is compared to the rest.

thx for the advice guys, stormblast i enquired abt audio 90 but it is not available in most of the stores here in bangalore.

I've used the AHS-502i and they arent that bad. Well cusioned they are mostly used in call centres, the voice clarity is very good, though don't expect audiophile quality sound ;)

Hey thx all u guys.. ya altec 502i is available here for Rs1400 and Zalman is Rs.2800 here :( ... well im trying to get a pair of better headsets from US with the help of my frend.. let me just wait and c if it works out fine.. if not then ill think abt one of these. Thx for ur help once again guys.

hey goldie, no probs yaar .. thx a lot for trying atleast... Well ill just wait for some more days and then decide.. most probably will hav to go for altec lansing 502i coz audio 90's arent available in most of the stores here.

Just picked up a pair of Altec Lansings 502is. I Like the audio quality, but im no audiophile. Mike qual is good. The only thing is that the recessions where youre meant to keep your ears are too small to fit regular ears into which implies incomplete sound isolation. But once you pump up the volume, theres no need :)

This is jut great...my mike has already conked out. Does altec lansing have decent support in inda? Should i take it back to the guy i bought it from (delta peripherals) or try to contact altec lansing directly?

LOl....already??

1st get it to the shop u brout it from nd see their terms.....if they r ready to replace it or not.....if not, take the fight to altec :p

Back