Advice on lasik

evilwit

Disciple
Hey guys I have myopia and Astigmatism.And the power is high and I can't see without glasses.Three months back I had blurry vision and was diagnosed with dry eyes by both vasan and a local ophthalmologist.But using eye lubricants dint solve the problem so decided to visit my local opthalmologist again and he said that i am having weak eye nerves so he prescribed me with some muti-minerals.And after using the capsules for 15 days my problem was solved.And as I have been wearing specs since the age of 13,i am fed of it now.So i decided to visit the vasan again as my local doctor doesn't have the facility of performing lasik.Going a little back when i first visited vasan,they checked my eyes and said that my power is lowered from what i have been since dec 2014.But they asked me if felt comfortable with the lowered power or the power i have been using since last 1 year.But surprisingly i was more comfortable with the existing power.I first vsited vasan in nov. and now i visited them for lasik.they asked me to go through some tests to determine if i was fit for lasik.I went through the test under one of the doctors.They checked my eyes like 5 times for refraction.And i was told that my power is stable and everything is fine and i can go for the surgery but for the surgery i will have to either go to lucknow or ranchi and the doctor forwarded my case to a lady doctor who is incharge of taking patients to selected city.I again went through all the test and at the last moment i was told by the lady doctor that there has been an increase of -0.75 in cylindrical power so we cannot go for the surgery.At that moment i was like totally pissed off.She asked me if i am comfortable with the power i am currently using and my answer was positive but she insisted me to wait for two more months to see whether the power has increased or not.So i asked her
1>One of your senior doctor made me went through all the tests and in the end he said everything is fine?So how come he didn't know that i had an increment in the power?
2>And why wasn't i told that for lasik i have to go to other cities?what's the use of the tests when you don't have the facilities?
And she had no answers.
So my questions:
What should i do?I have thought to go for an eye power checkup from a different doctor?So that i can determine if there is an actual increase in power or not.
If there's not,then where can i get my lasik done?I live in Bihar and there is only one hospital does that and that too with blade and I dont know how is it?
Which one is better bladeless or with blade?
Which hospital would you recommend in lucknow or pune that's best for lasik?How is Sun eye and lasik centre in lucknow or any better one you know?
Your comments/experience on/with lasik is most welcome.
Thanks

isnt lasik bladeless? the operation with blade is an old way of doing it & has more risks. you can check pros/cons of both online

dont know about bihar/lucknow/pune but in mumbai best option is Shroff

http://www.shroffeye.org/services/procedures/laser/laser-eye-surgery/
AFAIK in bladeless the flap is created with the help of laser while in blade on its created with a mechanical cutter.Do shroff provide rooms for staying for post-check-up?
Anybody else who can help me with options in the cities i prefer?Specially someone from lucknow?

Back