Advice on Split AC brand to buy

Finding gas leakage is split ac very hard working job and most poeple wouldn't able to do this kind of work in summer when they have most work.

In winter ask technician, for leakage finding they have to dismantle both indoor and outdoor and fill up nitrogen and keep checking pressure drop and find that spot and weld it if possible.
This depends on what knowledge the technician has. But then whom should we call? The guys from Hitachi or from local party? This procedure of checking leakage using nitrogen is time consuming and for this most of technicians are reluctant to carry out this procedure.
I was also thinking of doing an epoxy thicker coating on the evaporator and condenser to prevent leakage after locating it. But it all depends if I can get hold of a good technician who really knows his job.
Post automatically merged:

same with my friends' hitachi. they bought hitachi 2 years back and last year and this year they had to refill the gas. hitachi customer care no is non responsive and local technician we call couldnt find the leakage so he just refilled the gas and left. the cooling will work for this year but again have to be refilled next year. they're ditching the ac and moving on to other company next year.
Ditto.... Exact same situation . It's quite frustrating to keep refilling on a yearly basis. With no response from CC forced us to look for 3rd party. Hitachi seems to be quite an overrated company with many units facing issues.

Ditto.... Exact same situation . It's quite frustrating to keep refilling on a yearly basis. With no response from CC forced us to look for 3rd party. Hitachi seems to be quite an overrated company with many units facing issues.

Currently working with Hitachi in their AC factory in Gujarat which is co ownded by Johnson controls, there's laid back attitude in service department compare to bluestar and carrier... People have misinformation that hitachi AC are best, currently all main brand like LG, carrier, bluestar has comparable AC.

If you have budget go with Mitsubishi Heavy industry or toshiba.

I will PM me you service department email tomorrow, just type heavy worded mail

Currently working with Hitachi in their AC factory in Gujarat which is co ownded by Johnson controls, there's laid back attitude in service department compare to bluestar and carrier... People have misinformation that hitachi AC are best, currently all main brand like LG, carrier, bluestar has comparable AC.

If you have budget go with Mitsubishi Heavy industry or toshiba.

I will PM me you service department email tomorrow, just type heavy worded mail
Thanks... Could you please send me email id?

Also, will Hitachi be willing to look into the product now that it is more than 10 years old.

same with my friends' hitachi. they bought hitachi 2 years back and last year and this year they had to refill the gas. hitachi customer care no is non responsive and local technician we call couldnt find the leakage so he just refilled the gas and left. the cooling will work for this year but again have to be refilled next year. they're ditching the ac and moving on to other company next year.
Gas refill is a scam its not at all needed unless there is a leakage in the Unit. Most of the SC guys come and say you AC needs a top up and charge you anything between ~1k to 1.5k.

Gas refill is a scam its not at all needed unless there is a leakage in the Unit. Most of the SC guys come and say you AC needs a top up and charge you anything between ~1k to 1.5k.
there was definitely a leakage. remote was showing 16c when the ac was barely cooling the room. Topped up the gas and ac started cooling more ( though definitely not 16c). friend has decided to buy a new ac next summer

I kept AC at 20 degrees and was still sweating.. Also there was no cool air from the evaporator meaning gas was not exchanged. One half of indoor unit gave a bit cool air if went close to it, the other half was throwing hot air.
Post automatically merged:

there was definitely a leakage. remote was showing 16c when the ac was barely cooling the room. Topped up the gas and ac started cooling more ( though definitely not 16c). friend has decided to buy a new ac next summer
Which location in India? Any idea which brand is he looking for?

Back