Monitors Advice on the best 22" LCD for Graphics/ Editing and occasional games

Dell 2208 WFP if you can afford it. Else the Benq E2200 HD / T2200 HD - the only fully HD monitor available for 22". Don't know about the issues with it though - is a new model. Personally, have a Viewsonic 2235 WM, purchased two months earlier for 10.5 K

Dell 2208 WFP even though its displayed on Dells India's website.. is not available with them. Spoke with Dell customer support people and the availability was negative. It seems they have stopped production or so. Basically I am looking at LCD with S-IPS panel which would be good for my main purpose Designing.

krazypop said:
Dell 2208 WFP even though its displayed on Dells India's website.. is not available with them. Spoke with Dell customer support people and the availability was negative. It seems they have stopped production or so. Basically I am looking at LCD with S-IPS panel which would be good for my main purpose Designing.

There is no such thing as S-IPS panel 22" within 15K. I suggest you go for a 19" monitor based on S-IPS or M-PVA. You may get something from HP, Dell or Samsung for under 20K.

22" S-IPS or M-PVA will cost you at least 30K upwards

As I said in the some post earlier I suggested this monitor to my friend who is a Pro Photographer and is doing a lot of color corrections on his Mac and windows sytem too.

BenQ E2200HD is the best there is in this price range.

You will just have to tweak it a little viz a viz contrast/Brightness but that's it.

Got it for 12500/ from our local dealer. ( Tax Paid )

Bye

but dell monitors have bad service & prices are ver high

i am telling because i had tough time with them few months back with my 19" mon

getting the Benq E2200 HD within a week.

I have 2 questions.

1. is it better than Dell S2209W ?

2.I want to mount it on the wall ! is it possible ? any wall mounts available @ cheap $ ?

//thanks

morgoth said:
There is no such thing as S-IPS panel 22" within 15K. I suggest you go for a 19" monitor based on S-IPS or M-PVA. You may get something from HP, Dell or Samsung for under 20K.

22" S-IPS or M-PVA will cost you at least 30K upwards

Yes fully agree with you vis a vis the cost. But as I was researching the panels I did come across few budget S-IPS panels with my said range. But yes getting them in India would definately make it pricey albeit the customs and duties :).

^ Looking out for something similar. Could you mention those budget S-IPS panels? If you're looking at importing it, its best avoided since the risks of it getting damaged during transit are quite high, plus there's no after-sales support.

From what I know, the cheapest decent panel available in India is the 2007FP for ~20k. However, they mostly use S-PVA panels, and you'd be lucky to get an S-IPS. Do note that it uses the traditional 4:3 AR screen, and not the 16:9 widescreen format.

HP have a 22" S-PVA screen too, the LP2275w. Not sure on the pricing, but thats supposed to be around the 20k mark as well.

VOiLA said:
getting the Benq E2200 HD within a week.

I have 2 questions.

1. is it better than Dell S2209W ?

2.I want to mount it on the wall ! is it possible ? any wall mounts available @ cheap $ ?

//thanks

2. If it has a VESA mount then yes.

Crazy_Eddy said:
HP have a 22" S-PVA screen too, the LP2275w. Not sure on the pricing, but thats supposed to be around the 20k mark as well.

Dont think HP retails the LCDs in the market like Dell does unless otherwise you're getting a full-fledged workstation along with it.

Contacts with HP might help. :p

Just got in touch with dell ppl. Ultrasharp 2007WFP (S-IPS panel) is not available with them but quoted a price point of arnd 21k.

Yeah the WFP has been phased out here. Only the FP is available now.

BTW why did they quote a price point if its not available? Or did they mean they can arrange for it?

we need a sticky 22" LCD Thread...

new topics on same thing every week....n more will be following since they are much affordable now..

Crazy_Eddy said:
Yeah the WFP has been phased out here. Only the FP is available now.
BTW why did they quote a price point if its not available? Or did they mean they can arrange for it?

They didnt reply as to when it will be available. When asked abt the price the person quoted as 21k. On being persistent as to when it will be available, the reply was no idea. He never mentioned as the monitor being phased out. But as you said it seems dell is phasing out that monitor.

Back