Budget 51-70k Advice pls with possible shops in delhi

1. What is your budget?
    • 60-70 K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Not applicable
  1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • New Build
  2. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • as it is a new build, will need to buy everything.
    • CPU - Intel I5 6600 or 6600K / I7 6700 or 6700 K (confused on these as I7 Prices are high online)
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard (Prefer a ASUS mobo as they seems to have good overall feedback) should have A HDMI Port with USB 3.0 Functionallity . Normal creature comforts :) .
    • GPU - Plan to Use in build display on mobo.
    • PSU - no idea
    • Memory - 8 GB ...Corsair / kingston no idea ????
    • Cabinet - Pls suggest ???
    • Monitor - definitely Some thing which do not affect eyes badly. DELL 24" with HDMI Ports or VGA Both preferred .
  3. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This will be final config. I might add a dedicated GPU Later on but at the moment , No.
  4. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Open to online purchase
  5. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  6. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Normal Gaming for a 8 year old. Nothing High end.He will do his home work et all .
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
    • Might run virtualization software like vmware workstations or use it for education purpose as i am into IT industry.
  7. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • nothing in special . Brands should be reliable . No local stuff .
  8. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing
Simple racing games
  1. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  2. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  3. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
Also pls suggest some good vendors in Delhi who can offer good prices. checked online and it seems online is very costly .

PS : - I do not want to compromise on Processor or motherboard and wish to have some thing which is future proof for next 3-4 years. I know PC Components are evolving at fast pace but idea is to build some thing which can be upgraded easily down the line as and when needed hence i am sticking to LGA 1151 socket processors ()Assuming they are latest and we can upgrade them if needed 2-3 yrs from now . Again my knowledge is limited on these desktop electronics as i stopped looking into desktop PC world some 10 years back and my focus is on enterprise data centers only .

Last edited:
Getting the below for 57000 approx. Looked at MOBO and It do support onboard . how does it looks price wise ?

Any place where i can cut costs. MObo do not supports onboard display else would have got rid of GPU .

Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat
Processor - Intel Core i5-6600K - BX80662I56600K
Motherboard - MSI Z170A GAMING M3
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400Mhz
AIO Liquid Cooling Kit
Cooler Master Seidon 120V Plus
Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB OC
HDD Western Digital Blue 1TB
Power Supply -CoolerMaster B-Series B700 Watt

Are you sure you wanna spend that much for a cabinet?
If you're not gonna overclock, you may want to settle for non K processor to cut cost and you wouldn't be needing liquid cooler or even an after market cooler for that matter.
For now postpone your GPU purchase. Your processor has built-in graphic, not your motherboard.
Opt for a better PSU than the one you have narrowed down.

You have budget to go for an i7, but I think i5 is good enough. And if you're interested in SSD, buy one.

i5 6600 - 16950
Asus H170 Pro - 9850 (you can cut cost here by going for B150 (Asus B150M Plus) board for 7750/-)
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2x 8GB - 5400
Seasonic S120 II Bronze 520w - 5500
Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat - 6050
WD 1TB Blue - 3700
Asus DVD RW - 1000
Dell S2415H - 14550 (you can cut cost here by going for 21.5" (Dell S2216H for 8850/-)
Logitech KB & Mouse - 800
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB - 4500

Total - 68300/-

Last edited:
Budget -70K
  • CPU - Intel Core i7 6700 -25000,
  • Motherboard - Asus Z170-K -11500,
  • HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3700,
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520w -5500,
  • Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 -2500,
  • Cabinet - Antec GX500 -4500,
  • Monitor - Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS -9000,
  • SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB -4500,
  • KB/Mouse - Logitech MK200 -800.
  • TOTAL -67,000.
Go to Cost to Cost or SMC International in Delhi for best prices.

Last edited:
Are you sure you wanna spend that much for a cabinet?
If you're not gonna overclock, you may want to settle for non K processor to cut cost and you wouldn't be needing liquid cooler or even an after market cooler for that matter.
For now postpone your GPU purchase. Your processor has built-in graphic, not your motherboard.
Opt for a better PSU than the one you have narrowed down.

You have budget to go for an i7, but I think i5 is good enough. And if you're interested in SSD, buy one

Not aware of the cabinet cost. So apologies.

Over clocking - Agree, I am not going to do it. Was not aware that Intel bought outout K series for over clickers. So K series if out of window for me. Will stick i7 6700. As I said earlier, I plan to run VMware etc on it do will stick to 6700.

Gpu - thanks. Should have mentioned on board VGA port instead.

Which would be be the better motherboard ASUS / MSI / GIGABYTE?. I see not many people recommending gigabyte.

Any place where i can cut costs. MObo do not supports onboard display else would have got rid of GPU .
You can cut costs in the CPU, motherboard, chassis and CPU cooler. But buying a better power supply might nullify the savings. Not a bad choice though.
If you are strictly not going to OC get a non-K processor and a H-chipset motherboard. for the video card you can get a cheap old generation GPU like the AMD R7 250 for for 6-7k or cheaper. Nehru place stores sometimes have some old stock so check them out but remember to get a valid invoice with the Serial number printed on it.
Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat
You can do without this. there are cheaper decent offers from CM like the N200/300 and Corsair Spec series.

Power Supply -CoolerMaster B-Series B700 Watt
Change this. You may not find Seasonic PSUs in Delhi. If you want to get it locally and want to buy from CM you can get the newer semi-modular like the G550M. Not the best but it will get the job done. +has a good 5 years warranty. or their V-series.

Go to Cost to Cost or SMC International in Delhi for best prices.
lol smc and cost to cost. please don't blindly recommend things if you are not sure or have no idea of.
Cost to cost is one of the most shady places to shop. Sure they may give the "best" price which by the way does not include tax, and the probability of getting screwed by them in the form of purchasing a product which doesn't have Indian warranty. they will give you invoices but what good are they when the products might not have been legally sold here. The only thing which they are good for is their showroom which you can use to check monitors on display.
and SMC has inflated prices. you can get stuff sold in smc at a much lower price elsewhere.
Two dealers which you can buy from are Computer Empire and Vipin Imports. SMC is the most reputed one but it comes at a cost.[DOUBLEPOST=1466396736][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which would be be the better motherboard ASUS / MSI / GIGABYTE?. I see not many people recommending gigabyte.
They are all Tier 1 brands.
Judge by the product which you are interested in. Check proper reviews.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Suggestions Gents. Helped me a lot. Has finalized below . Plan to seal the deal on Wednesday...the more i delay more the confusion lol
Need to check rates with few more vendors (Reliable one's)

Intel Core i7-6700 Skylake-4-Core 3.40GHz LGA 1151 6th Gen CPU Rs.32500
Gigabyte H170M-D3H Intel H170 Chipset Motherboard Rs.00
G-Skil Ripjows-V 8Gb DDR-4 DRam 2400Mhz ( F4-2400C15S -8GVR ) Rs.2500
Cooler Master 500watt smps Rs.3200
120Gb SSD Intel 535 Series Rs.4150
Cooler Master Atx cabinet Elite-431+ Rs.3900
Western Digital WD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive caviar Blue Rs.3400
Dell Led Moniter 22" ( S2216H ) Full HD with IPS Rs.8600
Lg Dvd sata 24x Rs, 850

Just a question -

Is it safe to buy from New Egg . I am seeing some really excellent prices there .. how is warranty claims handle for purchases from there . I am sure many will has experience of buying from them...[DOUBLEPOST=1466436531][/DOUBLEPOST]
A BIG no for this. Do not cut corners on PSU. Better to get one recommended in above posts.

PSU's I agree has to be top notch. Seasonics are rarity here in NCR. which one else suits the Need than... ?

Just wanted to have a alternate assuming that Seasonic will be not be available....

Just a question -

Is it safe to buy from New Egg . I am seeing some really excellent prices there .. how is warranty claims handle for purchases from there . I am sure many will has experience of buying from them...
Just add a product to card and see the final amount. :D

PSU's I agree has to be top notch. Seasonics are rarity here in NCR. which one else suits the Need than... ?

Just wanted to have a alternate assuming that Seasonic will be not be available....
Cooler Master V-semi modular or GM series. I don't know about Corsair/Antec PSU's as I haven't been paying attention to them.

Thanks for the Suggestions Gents. Helped me a lot. Has finalized below . Plan to seal the deal on Wednesday...the more i delay more the confusion lol
Need to check rates with few more vendors (Reliable one's)

Intel Core i7-6700 Skylake-4-Core 3.40GHz LGA 1151 6th Gen CPU Rs.32500
Gigabyte H170M-D3H Intel H170 Chipset Motherboard Rs.00
from where did you get these price quotation?
the CPU is available for 29900 on Snapdeal.

from where did you get these price quotation?
the CPU is available for 29900 on Snapdeal.

The price is fir Cpu + mobo combined. 29900 for just I7 6700 CPU Is day light robbery.[DOUBLEPOST=1466445752][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just add a product to card and see the final amount. :D

Cooler Master V-semi modular or GM series. I don't know about Corsair/Antec PSU's as I haven't been paying attention to them.

Thanks mate. Agree i saw the cart thing later on and has posted the query to knowledgeable folk here already.

Not really. I am a big fan of online purchases. Just that wary of service support here and possible warranty issues. Offlately, i see many OEM, S refusing warranty for online purchases.

You won't have issues with Seasonic PSU purchased online. Distributor of Seasonic itself sells it online with seller name being 'Overclockerszone'.

Back