Camera Advice-Prime Lens+Filters/Accessories for Canon

hawk128

Disciple
Want to gift my sis a prime lens, filters and whatever accessories that I could buy in 9k. Need your input and suggestions.
Would be doing an online purchase only. Do let me know in case I missed on any reqd. inputs.

Currently,
Camera - Canon 650 D
Lenses - The stock 18-55 and 55-300
Filter - Only uv filter, i believe.

You pretty much have only option and that's the 50mm f1.8 prime. Don't buy UV filter, they are pretty much useless. Get her a Circular Filter or ND filter, it will be useful for landscapes.

Thanks. Any particular brand or any specific variant that you could suggest ? Will have around 2k after the lens purchase.
Don't know much about these.
You pretty much have only option and that's the 50mm f1.8 prime. Don't buy UV filter, they are pretty much useless. Get her a Circular Filter or ND filter, it will be useful for landscapes.

#Noted. Thanks Saar !
get Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM lens, remember STM, you'll thank me every time you use this lens.
[DOUBLEPOST=1469506776][/DOUBLEPOST]Can anybody tell me what is the difference between the two ? or rather which one should I buy ? TIA
EF50mm f/1.8 STM &
EF50mm f/1.8 II

Compare link-
http://www.canon.co.in/personal/com...a&subcategory=lenses&product2=ef50mm-f-1-8-ii

Last edited:
The difference is that the STM version uses a Stepping Motor for auto focusing which is very fast and quiet. Also, the STM version has a metal mount and can focus a bit closer at 1.15 ft.

Thanks folks ! Bought a 1.8 STM :)

Looking for some recommendations on filters and accessories. TIA

I am not a pro photographer, but I am not sure if I could honestly recommend filters. I know it depends on the kind of photography you are doing, but these days, most photo editing software has filter effects. What I am getting at is, if your sister is into inanimate photography, she might like a reflector set and a stand. Have you thought of these as possible gifts? Along with a battery grip cover?

Just my suggestions. I could be wrong though.

Back