Advice request for 3D Printer - RAMPS 1.4

Lets hope they deliver in time.[DOUBLEPOST=1531288599][/DOUBLEPOST]Banggood customer service informed me my parcel has been returned.
I know, Gati refused to deliver this item.
They offered to ship it again with registered air mail. I requested reshipment.
Lets see what happens now.
Weird, do you know why Gati refused? Registered airline mail will be delivered by Indian Post right !!

Weird, do you know why Gati refused? Registered airline mail will be delivered by Indian Post right !!

I guess Gati only carries items that can pass the customs. They want to focus on transport only, not on customer clearances.
Its good in my view. At least they are able to ship across the small/inexpensive items quickly.

I am aware this box will be held at Delhi customs, that I can deal with.
My only worry, its safe arrival at Delhi.

Anyway, Banggood was quick this time. within hours of reshipment request they created a new order.
This time it should take about 15 days to reach Delhi.

...I am aware this box will be held at Delhi customs, that I can deal with...

I don't get it. It's just a bunch of some small metal parts and electronics. Why would customs have an issue with it? In india, it seems everything and anything can be a problem.

I honestly don't get the customs dept. in India. First, are they honest or are they crooked? they need to make up their minds. Second, if something is illegal or prohibited, ban it and don't let it through. Everything else, let it the fck through! This whole holding the item, then squeezing the customer to get a few more bucks from him is pathetic. Like traffic cops holding your driver's licence hostage so they can get money from you.

I don't get it. It's just a bunch of some small metal parts and electronics. Why would customs have an issue with it? In india, it seems everything and anything can be a problem.

I honestly don't get the customs dept. in India. First, are they honest or are they crooked? they need to make up their minds. Second, if something is illegal or prohibited, ban it and don't let it through. Everything else, let it the fck through! This whole holding the item, then squeezing the customer to get a few more bucks from him is pathetic. Like traffic cops holding your driver's licence hostage so they can get money from you.
It’s all about duty for the item... if your box is big enough, then it will be inspected to get the duty charges !! Also they have time line like 5 days, if you don’t clear within it , they charge for warehouse!! Pathetic rules

Last edited:
That's what i'm saying, if it's dutiable, charge it and send it through, legally. Why charge money AND make people run around and cry?

That's what i'm saying, if it's dutiable, charge it and send it through, legally. Why charge money AND make people run around and cry?

Yes, should be something like that.

Well, i am willing to pay duty.
There should be something like prior self-declaration, advance payment, and easy passage.

This is partially why I recommend shopping through AliExpress. Most 3D printer sellers I've seen ship through Fedex/DHL. They're really professional in comparison.

Offtopic but what is the cheapest 3d printer one can assemble with pars from aliexpress?

I tried this.
After all the calculations, I figured I will be spending no less and won't get the same quality/features that Ender-3 offers.
Also, Assembly is not for first timers; specially if you don't have time for hits & trials.

Back