Age of Empires 4 Officially announced. AoE2 and AoE3 getting remastered.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Microsoft has officially revealed that Age of Empires 4 is in production, acting as a full sequel to the popular series that will remain PC exclusive and be developed by Relic Entertainment. This means that the game will not be "dumbed down" to make it suitable for gamepads, though at this time no information is known about this new project, including its release date.

It has also been revealed that Age of Empires II and III will also be receiving remastered "Definitive Editions" on PC, which will contain a remastered soundtrack, 4K resolution support and some gameplay improvements.

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release on PC on October 19th, releasing as a Windows 10 exclusive on the Windows 10 Store.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/age_of_empires_4_has_been_announced/1

Slightly apprehensive about the timeline, and also about the developer, Relic. Their last few games have not exactly been stellar.

I'm more interested to know what kind of remaster they are planning for AoE 2. AoE 2 was just perfect. The HD version also helped. but remaster what for? Though I understand it for AoE 3 since it was a poorly made pile of junk.
need more games like these I mean more AAA exclusives. Enough of console exclusives.
well it won't help if the game is not good. haha

I'm more interested to know what kind of remaster they are planning for AoE 2. AoE 2 was just perfect. The HD version also helped. but remaster what for?
I am guessing the remaster will update graphics. Now if only same can be done for Age of Mythology...

Yes. Age of Mythology was so pixilated lol. Blocks of pixels everywhere. I liked the story so much I speedran with cheats :D

Back