Airsoft / Airguns

no stock anywhere bro. plus no new stock coming in due to covid issues
Hey, nice to see this thread, am an avid air gunner too and own a few air guns. May I know from where are you. I have also dealt with airsoftbarrack.in the owner is a gem of a person. Let us revive this thread.
Happy gunning.
Srinivas.
^^ Ahh... Too bad. :( I had made up my mind to get something!
Know of a couple of trustworthy sources if you are interested.

Any source of cheap air gun pellets. On most stores online, stuff available is pretty expensive and seems to be geared more towards shooting hobbyists whereas I need cheap versions to just shoot in the air to scare off monkeys.

Thanks, but that is the average price everywhere, even good quality stuff. These prices makes the pellets cost around Rs 1 per pellet which seems very expensive to me for my kind of usage. I would actually love to buy something which costs 1/10th of these prices even if it doesn't fly straight or go too far.
Try local sports shops or gun shops, we used to get local pellets like Mastershot etc. pretty cheap. Have not tried these pellets I more than a decade though.

Thanks, but that is the average price everywhere, even good quality stuff. These prices makes the pellets cost around Rs 1 per pellet which seems very expensive to me for my kind of usage. I would actually love to buy something which costs 1/10th of these prices even if it doesn't fly straight or go too far.
The Precihole pellets cost around 440 bucks for 500 rounds. How many rounds are you firing on a regular basis that you need cheaper pellets?

The Precihole pellets cost around 440 bucks for 500 rounds. How many rounds are you firing on a regular basis that you need cheaper pellets?
I'm not firing for shooting practice or anything. When chasing away monkeys, I will have to go through 10-20 pellets every time. So I am literally just throwing away this money, so I would just prefer to throw away as little as possible.

I'm not firing for shooting practice or anything. When chasing away monkeys, I will have to go through 10-20 pellets every time. So I am literally just throwing away this money, so I would just prefer to throw away as little as possible.
Ok that makes sense. I think buying pellets online won't solve your issue.

You are better off asking those balloon shooting guys you see at fairs and ask them about where they buy their pellets offline.

And what airgun are you using?

I managed to kill 2 crows and a spotted dove at a range of 75-85 feet with a Precihole NX200 at my mom's ancestral place. I measured the distance to the tree branch with a laser distance measurer.

Even with this gun I don't think you will be able to kill monkeys. A shot in the feet or arse should be enough of a warning for them isn't it?

I will probably buy Master Shot or something similar like I bought last time. It was quite cheap, but I will have to ask a relative to buy and send via Indiapost for me.
Yes, these things don't really cause much hurt to the monkeys. I've even had the chance to shoot one from quite close and it didn't really do much damage, but that is not my intention either. Just firing 5-6 shots makes it much easier to make them run away. These monkeys aren't like the city monkeys we generally see. They are still somewhat afraid of humans. Right now, I just do some patrolling with the gun in my hand, and that is enough to make them run away. I act like I am shooting and they run away like anything, but it still takes a lot more time compared to when I was able to fire a few shots and they would just scamper for their lives.

Not into airsoft but in shooting sports Rufle.10 meter issf,50 meter issf,300 meter issf.Have two 10 meters rifles FWB 800x and walther LG 400 anatomic.Also have 50 meter rifle walther kk500 expert electronic in .22LR and 10 meters are .177/4.5.kk500 is a firearm you will need a valid arm license to own one.I imported walther kk500 and walther anatomic along with 15000 .22LR ammunition from slovenia this month.my daughter is a renowned shot in both events and qualifier of indian team trials.She exempted from paying any type of custom duty,tax on rifles,ammunition,electronic scoring system and various other things related to rifle shooting sports and can import firearms and 15000 firearm ammunition every year from abroad into India and 85000 more from shop or nrai per year these are firearm ammo not air rifle ammo.import of firearms is banned in India since 1985 only renowned shots can import firearms.These are Olympic grade rifles.same rifles are used in Olympic by shooters.After all relief given by govt of india these rifles are very expensive.Manufacturers follow highest standards of industry while making these rifles.Out of 3 barrels made only one will reach final assembly lines to fit into a rifle action and few more are rejected during testing if a rifles fails to make a decent group of 10 bullets at 50 meters which is around 25 paisa coin and few bullets should pass trough same holes made by previous bullet at 50 meters length and hole to hole 5 shot group at 10 meters which is 4.5 mm to pass test.Manufacturer will test fire different kind of ammo if first tested ammo fails to make a good group if rifle still fails to make decent group it is rejected and sent back for rebarraling. Once rifle reaches desirable accuracy person testing it will cut that target,write ammo used,rifle sr numbers and will tag that target along with rifle.But rifle maker doesn't supply those tested ammo with rifle.If a shooter wants ammo that fires best in his rifle then he can opt for select barrel after paying 200 euro fee.Company like lapua,eley will test rifle again with much more ammo this time like 20 different brands and different lot numbers which is available in bulk for buying .Normally that brings group down to 10 mm and shooter can buy whole lot of ammo,15k,20k depending upon needs of shooter.Now shooter knows he has best matched ammo and rifle so he can enter a competition with high confidence.These tests are mainly for satisfaction a rifle of this grade will out shoot any shooter with any ammo.no shooter can reach upto full accuracy of these rifle even he is a Olympic gold medalist.Any fellowTE member needs any help regarding shooting can contact me i will be glad to help.There are too many shooting academies and people who have not played even a state match in his life in shooting calls himself a coach nowadays.These are academies of ripping parents of their money as they don't have knowledge and these so called coaches cum owners have commission in everything a kid or parents buys.And they provides kids with lowest quality of equipments and charges money for highest grade.Dont even let any other person to correct a kid if he is making mistakes they fear if a kid will get qualifying score in nationals he will move to better institution for coaching and they will loose their income source.A kid with lowest quality kit and second hand rifle with crooked barrel and with no coaching is surely going to fail and parents will blame kid for low performance and a young shooter will give up after trying for 1,2 years.A r10 pellet tin costs 12 euros in Germany where it is made and same tin costs 800rs in India how is that possible R10 are premium quality pellets from rws and mostly all shooters uses these pellets.RWS simply out sources work to Chinese companies and Indian dealers buys from them at much lower prices.@rdst_1 i have one tin of german made RWS diabolo basic 500 pellets lying around if you want i can ship to you.it costed me 330 rs 2 years ago in bulk they will shoot much better in your precihole. 177.Acadmey owner sells these to kids for 700rs.you have very good air rifle i have personally tested it when they were about to launch.it makes a 1 shot hole from 10 meters tide in vice.shrisath is a genius person HP air rifles were also designed by him.just pay shipping for pellets.Buy masterahots round head they are made for longer ranges and have good tragictery.dont buy wadcutter,flat head they are for cutting paper targets cleanly at 10 meters and will fall rapidly after 10 meters,pointed head pellets are worst of all,have very poor accuracy and will swing in air.Mastershots are based in meeruth if you have some relative there.most gun house doesn't keep masterahots as they are expensive and have less commission then other cheap pellets.
I used to buy from kovibazar.com couple of years back for my .22 precihole nitro piston.see if you can find something for yourself.lead price have increased and with it pellet prices.master shot used to cost much lower around 230,250 for .22 dome pellets now its much higher.they have increased price of R10 also it used to cost 510 in bulk and 650 single pack now it is 800 rs and 630 for renowned shooters and have to buy around 200 tins and it will come from europe and take some time.Basic will cost me 350 to 375 rs per tin minimum 200 tins to get custom free and tax free.
I will probably buy Master Shot or something similar like I bought last time. It was quite cheap, but I will have to ask a relative to buy and send via Indiapost for me.
Yes, these things don't really cause much hurt to the monkeys. I've even had the chance to shoot one from quite close and it didn't really do much damage, but that is not my intention either. Just firing 5-6 shots makes it much easier to make them run away. These monkeys aren't like the city monkeys we generally see. They are still somewhat afraid of humans. Right now, I just do some patrolling with the gun in my hand, and that is enough to make them run away. I act like I am shooting and they run away like anything, but it still takes a lot more time compared to when I was able to fire a few shots and they would just scamper for their lives.
These things do hurt to monkeys.see what is power of your rifle,pellet weight and range.these pellets travels at 700,800fps and can inflict some serius wounds or even death to monkeys.I thought same way and shot a pig with air rifle.people said pigs can't die if you keep pumping them with bullets in stomach but that damn pig died with a air gun shot and I had to pay 5k to owner.Keep low weight short range pellets and never aim near their front leg area(just above front leg) this part have vital organs like lungs and heart and shot placed there will kill them.shikari aims at this point of animals to get a clean kill.Monkeys are most scared of bows point a bow at them couple of time and they will leave area.your precihole is enough powerful enough to kill them.Flat head pellets will not penetrate skin of monkeys and they are very accurate so you can place shots where you want.but at short range they are dangerous as head and tail both catches grooves of pellets.i asked you I have a tin of 7.7 grains flat head imported pellets if you needs.you have to pay for shipping only.look at kovibazar.com for cheap pellets.

Attachments

• 20211231_114210.jpg
    20211231_114210.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20211231_114008.jpg
    20211231_114008.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20211231_113857.jpg
    20211231_113857.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20211231_114106.jpg
    20211231_114106.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Not into airsoft but in shooting sports Rufle.10 meter issf,50 meter issf,300 meter issf.Have two 10 meters rifles FWB 800x and walther LG 400 anatomic.Also have 50 meter rifle walther kk500 expert electronic in .22LR and 10 meters are .177/4.5.kk500 is a firearm you will need a valid arm license to own one.I imported walther kk500 and walther anatomic along with 15000 .22LR ammunition from slovenia this month.my daughter is a renowned shot in both events and qualifier of indian team trials.She exempted from paying any type of custom duty,tax on rifles,ammunition,electronic scoring system and various other things related to rifle shooting sports and can import firearms and 15000 firearm ammunition every year from abroad into India and 85000 more from shop or nrai per year these are firearm ammo not air rifle ammo.import of firearms is banned in India since 1985 only renowned shots can import firearms.These are Olympic grade rifles.same rifles are used in Olympic by shooters.After all relief given by govt of india these rifles are very expensive.Manufacturers follow highest standards of industry while making these rifles.Out of 3 barrels made only one will reach final assembly lines to fit into a rifle action and few more are rejected during testing if a rifles fails to make a decent group of 10 bullets at 50 meters which is around 25 paisa coin and few bullets should pass trough same holes made by previous bullet at 50 meters length and hole to hole 5 shot group at 10 meters which is 4.5 mm to pass test.Manufacturer will test fire different kind of ammo if first tested ammo fails to make a good group if rifle still fails to make decent group it is rejected and sent back for rebarraling. Once rifle reaches desirable accuracy person testing it will cut that target,write ammo used,rifle sr numbers and will tag that target along with rifle.But rifle maker doesn't supply those tested ammo with rifle.If a shooter wants ammo that fires best in his rifle then he can opt for select barrel after paying 200 euro fee.Company like lapua,eley will test rifle again with much more ammo this time like 20 different brands and different lot numbers which is available in bulk for buying .Normally that brings group down to 10 mm and shooter can buy whole lot of ammo,15k,20k depending upon needs of shooter.Now shooter knows he has best matched ammo and rifle so he can enter a competition with high confidence.These tests are mainly for satisfaction a rifle of this grade will out shoot any shooter with any ammo.no shooter can reach upto full accuracy of these rifle even he is a Olympic gold medalist.Any fellowTE member needs any help regarding shooting can contact me i will be glad to help.There are too many shooting academies and people who have not played even a state match in his life in shooting calls himself a coach nowadays.These are academies of ripping parents of their money as they don't have knowledge and these so called coaches cum owners have commission in everything a kid or parents buys.And they provides kids with lowest quality of equipments and charges money for highest grade.Dont even let any other person to correct a kid if he is making mistakes they fear if a kid will get qualifying score in nationals he will move to better institution for coaching and they will loose their income source.A kid with lowest quality kit and second hand rifle with crooked barrel and with no coaching is surely going to fail and parents will blame kid for low performance and a young shooter will give up after trying for 1,2 years.A r10 pellet tin costs 12 euros in Germany where it is made and same tin costs 800rs in India how is that possible R10 are premium quality pellets from rws and mostly all shooters uses these pellets.RWS simply out sources work to Chinese companies and Indian dealers buys from them at much lower prices.@rdst_1 i have one tin of german made RWS diabolo basic 500 pellets lying around if you want i can ship to you.it costed me 330 rs 2 years ago in bulk they will shoot much better in your precihole. 177.Acadmey owner sells these to kids for 700rs.you have very good air rifle i have personally tested it when they were about to launch.it makes a 1 shot hole from 10 meters tide in vice.shrisath is a genius person HP air rifles were also designed by him.just pay shipping for pellets.Buy masterahots round head they are made for longer ranges and have good tragictery.dont buy wadcutter,flat head they are for cutting paper targets cleanly at 10 meters and will fall rapidly after 10 meters,pointed head pellets are worst of all,have very poor accuracy and will swing in air.Mastershots are based in meeruth if you have some relative there.most gun house doesn't keep masterahots as they are expensive and have less commission then other cheap pellets.
I used to buy from kovibazar.com couple of years back for my .22 precihole nitro piston.see if you can find something for yourself.lead price have increased and with it pellet prices.master shot used to cost much lower around 230,250 for .22 dome pellets now its much higher.they have increased price of R10 also it used to cost 510 in bulk and 650 single pack now it is 800 rs and 630 for renowned shooters and have to buy around 200 tins and it will come from europe and take some time.Basic will cost me 350 to 375 rs per tin minimum 200 tins to get custom free and tax free.

These things do hurt to monkeys.see what is power of your rifle,pellet weight and range.these pellets travels at 700,800fps and can inflict some serius wounds or even death to monkeys.I thought same way and shot a pig with air rifle.people said pigs can't die if you keep pumping them with bullets in stomach but that damn pig died with a air gun shot and I had to pay 5k to owner.Keep low weight short range pellets and never aim near their front leg area(just above front leg) this part have vital organs like lungs and heart and shot placed there will kill them.shikari aims at this point of animals to get a clean kill.Monkeys are most scared of bows point a bow at them couple of time and they will leave area.your precihole is enough powerful enough to kill them.Flat head pellets will not penetrate skin of monkeys and they are very accurate so you can place shots where you want.but at short range they are dangerous as head and tail both catches grooves of pellets.i asked you I have a tin of 7.7 grains flat head imported pellets if you needs.you have to pay for shipping only.look at kovibazar.com for cheap pellets.
A wonderful collection of competition class air guns, it’s a satisfying hobby. The pellets you are talking are of .22 caliber ? According to the new Arms Act in force at present, .22 is prohibited in Air Guns. Have switched to .177 air guns and pistols. Also wanted to know your shipping experience on Kovibazar for pellets.
Best wishes and happy shooting.

A wonderful collection of competition class air guns, it’s a satisfying hobby. The pellets you are talking are of .22 caliber ? According to the new Arms Act in force at present, .22 is prohibited in Air Guns. Have switched to .177 air guns and pistols. Also wanted to know your shipping experience on Kovibazar for pellets.
Best wishes and happy shooting.
Only .177 are allowed in competitions.I was talking about. 177 only..22 air rifle is not prohibited govt have brought it under licensed category so you needs a license to own a .22 air rifle.Kovibazar is very good for pellets and air rifle parts had no problem whatsoever just one time they sent me steel bb pellets instead of .177 pellets.it was a order mixup by packing guy.They sent me pellets in next shipment.Please go trough it with closed eye.For competition grade pellets see kiebherg.com and there are lots more who deals in these flat head pellets.there is less tax on competition grade pellets.I have 5 sleeves of .177 rws R10 pellets its 25000 pellets.for .22 i was talking about live firearm. 22LR powder ammunition.its confusing so we use powder burner term for .22LR rifle and ammo.
Regards

i asked you I have a tin of 7.7 grains flat head imported pellets if you needs.you have to pay for shipping only.look at kovibazar.com for cheap pellets.

First of all, thanks for the kind offer. I would have loved to take them, but, I believe, they might benefit someone else who is actually gonna use them for furthering their hobby, rather than wasting them on monkeys. Thank you for this amazing post as well. You have provided lots of knowledge for the enthusiasts on this forum. I am gonna order 2-3 boxes from kovibazar as they seem to have plenty of stock of cheaper stuff, which I was looking for.

Last edited:
Edit - I also checked again and my air gun takes 0.22 cal ammo. It was purchased back when 0.22 cal air guns were allowed to be purchased without license.
Dude that is now tricky. I read up on indiansforguns.com that people have to submit for firearms license now that 0.22 is restricted.
But some people went to local police station to submit their guns/get paperwork for 0.22 license and cops had no idea what to do.

No notification from LA about ownership of old purchased .22 air guns to owners or cops.New .22 are not manufactured anymore in India so can't own a new .22 air rifle.It was restricted mainly due it's use in hunting birds nothing else.Nor police have any such notification or specific order what to do with old .22 air guns.Its your property and if govt decides to bring it under licensed weapons then they will have to give you a firearm license you paid tax and bought it legally.Govt don't want to give license and owners don't want to give their air guns worth thousands of rupees and there are thousands of airguns in India.I updates many threads on Indiansforguns.com about new arm rules.have been member since 2009.

Only .177 are allowed in competitions.I was talking about. 177 only..22 air rifle is not prohibited govt have brought it under licensed category so you needs a license to own a .22 air rifle.Kovibazar is very good for pellets and air rifle parts had no problem whatsoever just one time they sent me steel bb pellets instead of .177 pellets.it was a order mixup by packing guy.They sent me pellets in next shipment.Please go trough it with closed eye.For competition grade pellets see kiebherg.com and there are lots more who deals in these flat head pellets.there is less tax on competition grade pellets.I have 5 sleeves of .177 rws R10 pellets its 25000 pellets.for .22 i was talking about live firearm. 22LR powder ammunition.its confusing so we use powder burner term for .22LR rifle and ammo.
Regards
Thank you very much for the reply, happy shooting.

Back