Airtel - 16MBps 1049

I presently have Rs999-4MBps-40GB(512kbps after limit) plan in my home from Airtel. Comes to Rs 1200 aprox every month including taxes and charges.

Airtel called me and offered me Ts1049-16MBps-50GB plan. Couldn't enquire the speed post FUP as the call got cut.
Do you think it's a good plan. Has anyone used this plan?

I presently have Rs999-4MBps-40GB(512kbps after limit) plan in my home from Airtel. Comes to Rs 1200 aprox every month including taxes and charges.

Airtel called me and offered me Ts1049-16MBps-50GB plan. Couldn't enquire the speed post FUP as the call got cut.
Do you think it's a good plan. Has anyone used this plan?
Where do you live?

Airtel restores the speed from 16 Mbps to 1 Mbps post the FUP utilization. You can buy the connection, call up the CC and complian on the FUP and they will offer you 5-10 GB free recurring top up every month.

Apart from that, the speed is also dependent on the area as it says "Upto". Here in my society (Pune), due to the physical b/w restrictions, they offer max 8 Mbps. Upload is a mere 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps (Which is pathetic).

However, the speeds are constant at the max cap level, the pings are consistent, service is good and balance can be tracked realtime through the myairtel app so that is a plus.

Best of luck.

While I have no love lost for Airtel, most of the time they do give what they promise. even in my society they offer 8Mbps but even with 100s of request they refused to go the "upto 16" but actual 8 way. Though the packages on 8Mbps are pathetic compared to their 16Mpbs counterparts.

call up airtel and ask them to cancel the connection. Tell them you are doing it because the tariff is more and you are getting benefits from other service providers.

The retention team will offer you not only additional bandwidth also some discount on the bill.It is not fair on them as well. Why should some one pay same rental within city when the services is not same?

Airtel restores the speed from 16 Mbps to 1 Mbps post the FUP utilization. You can buy the connection, call up the CC and complian on the FUP and they will offer you 5-10 GB free recurring top up every month.

Are you serious? All the times I called up previously, they all claim that post FUP it's alwas 512 Kbps

The only unknown is whether they can actually deliver 16Mbs.

My modem says i get an link of 10Mbs but speed test sites show its more like 5-6Mbs.

Try it and measure your speeds, if you're not getting that speed then is the 10GB extra worth the 150.

Back