Airtel 256UL plan users reduce your tariff by 250 pm

rishia

Adept
You can call the customer care center to change your plan from unlimited 999 to unlimited 750, with a minor change in STD charges from 95 paisa/m to Rs. 1/min. If you wish to keep the 999 plan, you can also ask for an upgrade from 256 kbps to 384 kbps.

ok guys on 512k unl from bangalore...How much are u paying?im paying 1999+taxes...read somewhere that its now 1499+taxes..anybody got it changed yet?

indrajeet1811 said:
ok guys on 512k unl from bangalore...How much are u paying?im paying 1999+taxes...read somewhere that its now 1499+taxes..anybody got it changed yet?

it is 1499/-. In the brochure which camewith the latest bill, it clearly says 1499/-

indrajeet1811 said:

Nikhil said:
it is 1499/-. In the brochure which camewith the latest bill, it clearly says 1499/-

The new 1499 plan was effective from Dec 8, got mine changed earlier this month... I did send a long, detailed email to one of the suits at Bharti about them screwing their high-paying customers. We should not have to call in to change our plans when Airtel "reduces" pricing for existing plans - customers on these existing plans should be auto upgraded or downgraded, whatever you want to call it.

I did send a long, detailed email to one of the suits at Bharti about them screwing their high-paying customers. We should not have to call in to change our plans when Airtel "reduces" pricing for existing plans - customers on these existing plans should be auto upgraded or downgraded, whatever you want to call it.

Doesn't help...for them, you are a captive customer (People usually do not switch their landline service providers)

the new plans are meant to attract new clientele

As long as the captive customer keeps bringing in addl revenue, so be it....

I don't deny that, but that's not how companies build brand/customer loyalty... it's also a well-known fact that customer retention costs lesser than customer acquisition, and I was merely pointing out a few other things as well which drew a positive response btw. My email was probably food for thought and I certainly hope they take things seriously in future, because according to them, they've lost a high-paying customer (close to 72k/year) who will not recommend their service to others.

Besides, including flyers with monthly invoices to attract new business from their customers is a great idea but they have to realize (this, as an example) existing customers will see the lowered pricing.

superczar said:
Doesn't help...for them, you are a captive customer (People usually do not switch their landline service providers)

EDIT: I just showed them I could change providers, and I have a customer service manager from Airtel on my back to help change my decision ;)

Back