Airtel: Billing error or what?

pradeep200417

Shunya
Adept
Hi I am on an airtel plan which gives me a min speed of 512kbps with a (Download + upload) limit of 5gb and night UL from 10pm -8am. All this for 798 Rs
I am using Shaplus Download meter for keeping track of the download and upload. For this month in Shaplus it shows a download+upload of around 3.5gb, but i got a bill of 4881, which is a large error i guess. So i calculated and found out that according to them i have downloaded 7.63 gb of data in addition to the 5 gb download limit which brings up the total data transferred to (5 +7.63)=12.63gb, which is insane. I dont think i have downloaded this much during the normal period.
What should i do? Has anyone experienced the same issue?

You should have had a word with airtel before abusing the company. This is something which happens many times irrespective of which country you live in.

pradeep200417 said:
Hi I am on an airtel plan which gives me a min speed of 512kbps with a (Download + upload) limit of 5gb and night UL from 10pm -8am. All this for 798 Rs
I am using Shaplus Download meter for keeping track of the download and upload. For this month in Shaplus it shows a download+upload of around 3.5gb, but i got a bill of 4881, which is a large error i guess. So i calculated and found out that according to them i have downloaded 7.63 gb of data in addition to the 5 gb download limit which brings up the total data transferred to (5 +7.63)=12.63gb, which is insane. I dont think i have downloaded this much during the normal period.
What should i do? Has anyone experienced the same issue?

I saw this scenario happening at my local Airtel office all the time. Customer's with data transfer limit plans come with complaints that they got billed more than they used and inspite of all the fight they put up, there is little that can be done. Unless its a billing error which can be verified in their databases, they will do nothing about it. I saw one old man at the Airtel office fight about the 14k odd bill he got on his data limit plan. They simply checked the records and said that its correct and he will have to pay the bill.

The fact is that with these plans there is a good opportunity for Airtel to over bill the customer, its better to stick to time limited or unlimited plans than go for data limit plans.

Lord Nemesis said:
The fact is that with these plans there is a good opportunity for Airtel to over bill the customer, its better to stick to time limited or unlimited plans than go for data limit plans.
;
+1 think twice (may be 100 times :bleh: ) before getting a data limited plans ..
one of my uncle got 3k last month (airtel)..He finally made a smart move by shifting to unlimited..

Ah! Let me know, this is best way to suck up the customer.

Get yourself an unlimited plan, or wait to get around 180K bill ... like I got once.

Back