Airtel broadband getting disconnected very frequently- irritated very much!!

antonieo

Disciple
hi i was using Airtel 2mbps impatience plan for the last 5 months
but for the last two months its getting disconnected which was lest frequent but nowadys its not even getting connected for atleast 1/2hr if its gets connected within 15-20 mints getting disc.
1. i did everything with modem like reset, username and password entered correctly many time.
2. i disconnected everything and then connected the wire straight from the line to the modem itself. took out everything the phone the router.
3. airtel cc came and dat time everything went good. they cahnged some wires at the unit.
it went good for 2days now again it has started
is there anything to do more?

I am facing the same problem.Got the modem replaced too.Still issue prevails

Does the link and connectivity light on ur modem goes off when net dissconnects

In my case all lights on modem stays lit but on my desktop internet connectivity icon changes into "no internet access ".

i have this belkin G wireless modem bought it recently in ebay

the adsl led and internet led goes off

and have to watch it till it gets on which takes another 15-20 mins sometimes

now i connected the wires given by belkin itself now its ok

lemme observe till tomorrow

^^^ I was facing the kinda exactly same issue with beam broadband in belkin g wireless router, sadly had to cancel the connection for reasons so couldn't experiment much, though I connected directly to PC and there were no issue except for beam downtimes. I'm suspecting the router is culprit, will need to see untill I get a new wired connection..

The exact same thing is happening all over , some sort of fault in Airtel lines i suppose , tried many things from calling CC to changing modems .. but all futile ..!!

No body in airtel knows whats happening all they do is pass on the fault to another dept , from line men to technicians :p

when ever you observe frequent disconnects, try to check the airtel phone if it was provided to you. If you hear disturbances in the line, then you will have to raise a complaint for phone line problem.

I had this problem and i raised a complaint for phone disturbance and they changed the line for me and it is working without any issues.

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
I am facing the same problem.Got the modem replaced too.Still issue prevails

Does the link and connectivity light on ur modem goes off when net dissconnects

In my case all lights on modem stays lit but on my desktop internet connectivity icon changes into "no internet access ".
Wow even i am facing exactly the same issue since last week. Have to reboot the modem for it to come up. All lights stay stable..its just icon says no internet access.

Hmm, strange, I have this issue sometimes, but I wait for like 2 minutes(I do nothing, modem still on) and the connection is back up then.

kishore.chander said:
when ever you observe frequent disconnects, try to check the airtel phone if it was provided to you. If you hear disturbances in the line, then you will have to raise a complaint for phone line problem.

I had this problem and i raised a complaint for phone disturbance and they changed the line for me and it is working without any issues.
there was no phone disturbance till now just the net.:D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Striker10 said:
yep i had the same problem.. Just change your line and it will be fine.
yes as they said to change line today but was raining here so post pond to tomorrow
lets see what will happen tomorrow after changein the line

same issue , although my network would say i'm connected but no pages would show up , until i restart the modem again an hour or so it repeats .

and seems like Airtel plugged the FUP modem restart trick :( ... so a bummer there .

apparently you could reset your fup'd speeds and get back to normal just by restarting your ADSL modem , that trick does not work any more.

kunallkw said:
apparently you could reset your fup'd speeds and get back to normal just by restarting your ADSL modem , that trick does not work any more.
This trick still works but only at the times when airtel servers are having a lot of users...

If you try to restart your router in late night or early morning you get fuped...

Also after restart, your normal speed comes for a short period - 15 min to 1 hour and then goes back to FUP 256KBPS.

The frequent disconnection is happening because of 2 reason - If you reached fup limit but browsing at higher speed using above method it will happen.

2nd Airtel DHCP server runs out of IP address as number of users are more than IP they have people in small cities are not experiencing these problem.

The Information comes from Airtel Service Guys - One who visit my place is good in networking knowledge and technically efficient guy... According to him Airtel Server are running at above service limit as far as Number of users are concerned...

for me its getting disconnected and when i run the diagnostic repair it just works fine

today they came and changed the line but after that again it got disc for 3 - 5 times.

i just googled but it comes like ethernet reset problem in windows7

for me it comes like The DNS server isn't responding and it gets fixed automatically

Back