Airtel Broadband Has Literally Given up in Hyderabad, Gotta see these Flyers

Bangalore we don't have much choice as Airtel is a better value proposition when compared with big players. For some reason my area gets only a speed of 8 Mbps. Seriously think why ACT can't do similar plans in Bangalore. Just waiting in hope they do.
I feel you. I am in the same boat. After months of threatening for months to disconnect if Airtel don't provide more than 8mpbs in my area, I finally did. That started my journey in understanding the hopelessness of Bangaloreans. While Bangalore does have some local providers with good speed and FUP like TTN but the coverage is not there. ACT held a grudge against my building's society because they had been booted out in favor of Hathway years ago. So they had coverage just till the next building not mine.

As for Reliance Jio Wifi, given how Jio as a mobile provider has performed, I have zero hope. But I guess that was expected. Reliance promises good things but they just don't have network to support it. I am sure it will come down to "up to 50 mbps".

I feel you. I am in the same boat. After months of threatening for months to disconnect if Airtel don't provide more than 8mpbs in my area, I finally did. That started my journey in understanding the hopelessness of Bangaloreans. While Bangalore does have some local providers with good speed and FUP like TTN but the coverage is not there. ACT held a grudge against my building's society because they had been booted out in favor of Hathway years ago. So they had coverage just till the next building not mine.

As for Reliance Jio Wifi, given how Jio as a mobile provider has performed, I have zero hope. But I guess that was expected. Reliance promises good things but they just don't have network to support it. I am sure it will come down to "up to 50 mbps".
I beleive that jio problems are area specific. As in my area meerut,up I get good speeds all the time. Perhaps 200-300KBps at peak time which increases to 1.2MBps in the night. My area is also at the heart of the city.
Comming to calls. In the begining jio calls were not connecting at all. They only connected after 3-4 calls and were even droping. But for the past 18-15 days that issue have also gone. Now my calls gets connected in the first go and they also don't drop.
So, I guess that jio is improving and the call issue might have been majorly due to incumbent malpractices.
I use airtel because of there average service which is still better than bsnl in my area. I get 20GB at 2mbps fup and 512kbps after that for a whopping Rs 1100 including taxes/month. I even tried threatning them for disconnection if they don't provide a good plan. But, there skin is thicker then hippopotamus. Thats quite bad in 2016.

I hope relaince beat these hippos out of water and let them run for there life.
1 change that everyone can observe is that Atleast now all the incumbents have decreased there mobile tarrif and data charges on recharges due to jio. Thats quite a positive thing for me. And a win-win situation for the customer.

Hahaha. The guy who subscribed to FREE plan for three month got
Base plan data 80GB + 100GB FREE SMARTBYTES this month, which could be availed for next 2 months. Any Such offers in any your city?

udMi8Hz.jpg

Last edited:
I beleive that jio problems are area specific. As in my area meerut,up I get good speeds all the time. Perhaps 200-300KBps at peak time which increases to 1.2MBps in the night. My area is also at the heart of the city.
Comming to calls. In the begining jio calls were not connecting at all. They only connected after 3-4 calls and were even droping. But for the past 18-15 days that issue have also gone. Now my calls gets connected in the first go and they also don't drop.
So, I guess that jio is improving and the call issue might have been majorly due to incumbent malpractices.
I use airtel because of there average service which is still better than bsnl in my area. I get 20GB at 2mbps fup and 512kbps after that for a whopping Rs 1100 including taxes/month. I even tried threatning them for disconnection if they don't provide a good plan. But, there skin is thicker then hippopotamus. Thats quite bad in 2016.

I hope relaince beat these hippos out of water and let them run for there life.
1 change that everyone can observe is that Atleast now all the incumbents have decreased there mobile tarrif and data charges on recharges due to jio. Thats quite a positive thing for me. And a win-win situation for the customer.
I am sorry but I have kind of issue with things like these. While I can see with your Airtel 2Mbps connections why you would think those are great speeds but then they are absolutely not. I get 1.0-1.2 MBps all the the time on my Airtel 3G connection. I have Vodafone 4G and I get 15 Mbit (~2Mbps) all the time. And please we shouldn't even go to free data when its not accessible at all. Many people might so what, I mean for mobile we don't exactly need more than 200-300 Kbps right? I can play YT in HD etc. But thats why mobile operators can advertise "high speed links" but never deliver.

As for call issues, I guess there has been slight improvements for sure. But then its not the problem of incumbent operator or their "malpractices" to make sure Jio works. Its not even funny seeing Reliance trying to portray itself as the small guy between big operators.

Lastly, most of the coverage has to do with viability and ability to generate revenue. While we all want ACT or YOU or something to be in our area, we forget only one us is not enough for them to lay down a whole set of cables. Sure one might say once they lay down cables more people with join. But unfortunately thats not how things work in India. People choose a safer option and try to cover known subscriber bases. If only they get enough interest from a particular area they will put in effort to lay down cables.

Last edited:
Anybody migrated to Airtel V Fiber in Bangalore. Plans looks attractive but for some reason my area max speed supported in 8 Mbps.[DOUBLEPOST=1483424729][/DOUBLEPOST]I placed a request for cancellation and I got this message. 45 days is it some sort of joke?
Airtel.png

Last edited:
Anybody migrated to Airtel V Fiber in Bangalore. Plans looks attractive but for some reason my area max speed supported in 8 Mbps.[DOUBLEPOST=1483424729][/DOUBLEPOST]I placed a request for cancellation and I got this message. 45 days is it some sort of joke?
View attachment 68461
I also have max 8mbps in my area and only Airtel. But there are pockets in Bangalore where the max speed is only 4mbps and exclusively Airtel. So while the speed sucks they at least have coverage. As for cancellation, the whole process is pretty long but I guess you should get a message soon about the connection being removed.

Back