Airtel broadband now offers option to add 3,333GB to your plan at 299+GST

Same available in Delhi NCR. Nice touch by Airtel with the extra data at 299 Rs .
Jio will have to reduce prices for any chance to compete.

Couple of days ago I activated the same plan for zero rupees

E07265BA-29BC-466F-B61D-4ACE51342F2C.png

Bro in Hyderabad they're delivering 300Mbit/s easily. In Majority of the areas!

Sadly, I do not have Airtel in my area, Stuck with ACT & GTPL only.

Correct. I moved from Rs. 1050 for 100 mbps and 750 GB to Rs. 999 for 200 mbps and unlimited FUP (which turn out to be 3.3 TB). I was only getting 100 mbps max speed. It turned out the internal cabling that was laid in 2006 was Cat5. Connecting over wifi directly to the GPON device gives well over 320 mpbs (in speedtest on Ookla to Airtel and other local servers). Now I have to change my Ethernet cabling or wait for a deal of iball routers.

Correct. I moved from Rs. 1050 for 100 mbps and 750 GB to Rs. 999 for 200 mbps and unlimited FUP (which turn out to be 3.3 TB). I was only getting 100 mbps max speed. It turned out the internal cabling that was laid in 2006 was Cat5. Connecting over wifi directly to the GPON device gives well over 320 mpbs (in speedtest on Ookla to Airtel and other local servers). Now I have to change my Ethernet cabling or wait for a deal of iball routers.
Help me understand the setup. What's the router/ONT provided by Airtel?

Help me understand the setup. What's the router/ONT provided by Airtel?

The ONT I got was Huawei HG8145V GPON terminal. I had internal cabling done throughout the 3 floors of the house in 2007. All cabling was using Cat5e. The Airtel connection comes to the 2nd floor. From here through the internal cabling I connect it to my Tenda AC1200 router's WAN port. Because the cable used to connect to the Tenda router is Cat5, even though I am not 200 mbps connection the speed was limited to 80mpbs as the Cat5 cable it was capable of only 100mpbs.

The ONT I got was Huawei HG8145V GPON terminal. I had internal cabling done throughout the 3 floors of the house in 2007. All cabling was using Cat5e. The Airtel connection comes to the 2nd floor. From here through the internal cabling I connect it to my Tenda AC1200 router's WAN port. Because the cable used to connect to the Tenda router is Cat5, even though I am not 200 mbps connection the speed was limited to 80mpbs as the Cat5 cable it was capable of only 100mpbs.
How long ago did you get your connection? I have heard that they give out a Nokia router which cannot be bridged these days.

Back