Airtel Broadband plans - how much do they really cost?

i m having airtel's 128kbps UL plan (Rs 780 + taxes).
After 8pm in the evening i usually get the dwnld speed of upto 60KBps but it normalise to 12-16KBps after half an hour.
then i reconnect my USB modem & enjoy the whooping 60KBps dwnld speed.
Isn't it great?

An update (see my post a few posts up),

After a fair amount of arguing with the Customer Service Dept., Airtel has agreed to reduce Rs 49 (the current modem rental) on the upgraded 384 unlimited plan.
I really wonder why this had to be so painful. But all's well that ends well I guess :)

Airtel's 128kbps UL plan in Delhi rental including taxes around 900.

What I get is around 15KBps down in day and around 25-30 night on torrents.

128Kbps = 16-18 KBps
256Kbps = 31-34 KBps
384Kbps = 48- 50 KBps (My current one)
512Kbps = 62-66 KBps

I have been using AIRTEL for a while now and i have tried all the above UL plans..and those are the speeds i get /used to get.

I do have a question too..Have you tried AIRTEL's wireless broadband ? I didnt know that they are offering wireless connectivity. Would like to know whether the speeds would come down or remain the same.

I am using Airtel 128Kbps unlimited which is 699 + Tax=784/-

but its pathetic to say the least...every now n then i need to call der CC regarding speed...i m sooo p*ssed,plannin to get BSNL 900 plan-256Kbps unlimited :mad:

Hey anirudhh , where are you based ?. In Cochin, i have the airtel 384kbps unlimited plan for Rs.999/-. I hardly run into any issues with them !!. Guess the problems are region based.
Aniruddh said:
I am using Airtel 128Kbps unlimited which is 699 + Tax=784/-

but its pathetic to say the least...every now n then i need to call der CC regarding speed...i m sooo p*ssed,plannin to get BSNL 900 plan-256Kbps unlimited :mad:

I just got call from Airtel cc that by payinh 100rs extra topup I would be getting double my speed i.e 128 unlimited so it becomes 256 unlimited @ 699 + 100 = 799/-

Also they told I would get rs 75 discounts on call. This offer as per them is only for old customers and can be availed for next 3 months for 100/- per month on and above the rental.

Lets see what i get :)

Airtel 128 UL in NOIDA. pay a total of 785/ month
speeds are usually 12-14kbps. no more double speed at night.
sometimes some screw up happens and i get 60-70 kbps but it lasts for an hour or so.

Any idea how much the 256kbps UL plan cost per month with my own modem or with airtel modem?

Thanks!

the last i checked in bangalore they offered like 999 pm .. which is not bad at all.. but i might be wrong.. so dont take my word for it..

Cheers!

deepakev said:
Hey anirudhh , where are you based ?. In Cochin, i have the airtel 384kbps unlimited plan for Rs.999/-. I hardly run into any issues with them !!. Guess the problems are region based.

i am frm raipur(C.G) n this is not the case with me soo many cousins are using this vry same plan...n even they r fedup with it...true it mite be in this region,by the way mine is 256kbps now for same 699 :hap2: price n now i m getting download speed arnd 40kbps :clap: which is pretty good compared to 12-13kbps :mad: which i was getting earlier!!

saintsinner said:
Airtel 128 UL in NOIDA. pay a total of 785/ month

Any idea how much the 256kbps UL plan cost per month with my own modem or with airtel modem?

Thanks!
I pay 999p/m in Gurgaon + tax

My airtel download speed has gone bonkers since i have got 256kbps connection...i have been downloading few software from a site and its giving me download speed of 130-140kbps tht 2 in de noon,have been downloading big files,old f1 full race in few minutes,thts kinda miracle for me.this is sum jump frm 12-13kbps to 130 duh :D

Back