Airtel Downtime ?

kolguy

Adept
Anyone from chennai having problems accessing the internet ? .... been able to access like 3 websites and having the problem with two diffrent airtel connections

my main connection able to access 3 or 4 sites..

second connection(diffrent line) zero connectivity.
Not been able to reach customer care ... anyone has any news ... has severly hampered my work ....

Yeah, even my connectivity was down for a while today evening, just got up running. Only Steam and team fotress 2 was working for me.

You're not alone mate ! Been facing the same issue from morning...Can open very few sites and its taking a hell lot of time...

Though I can download from torrents and FTP at full bandwidth of 1mbps :O

[Using Vodafone GPRS at the moment]

yea they had an outage, i think its fixed now, guessing it was a dns issue, cause was able to access a few sites.

Im too using Airtel. Yes from today morning there were connection problems for Airtel broad band users in chennai. Problem is some sites cant accessed and some can be. But one can download file through Torrent. But from 5 pm till 9 pm no websites can be accessed. This is was the first long down time in my experience with Airtel from March 2008. May be problem to be cleared tomorrow.

ah, didnt get around doing that ... thought might have been something else as the CC line was down completely to. Its the first downtime for me with airtel been using it since Oct 2006.

Yeah, there was a *in the words of the Airtel CCE* technical problem in the Chennai circle, yesterday. Lasted for around 4.5 hrs.

Back to normal! :)

Yesterday night (8.00 PM to 10.00 PM) Airtel Internet services were down for about 2 hours in my place. The technician told me that a server went down.

Back