Video AIrtel DTH my problems continue.... Would appreciate some help

random2

Adept
I am going to be quite brief about the happenings. But have been very frustrated with the experience of getting a new DTH connection.

Since I was not well, i decided to go ahead and buy the service through DTH India, DTH TV Services, Direct to Home, digital TV India: Airtel

20th August - I selected 'South Mega Pack' and filled in all details. By the time credit transaction was over, when it returned to airtel's site, it gave me an error - 'Sorry! your payment has been cancelled. Please try later.'

At the same time, i got a sms from my cc that I used my card to shop with Bharati Telemedia Ltd.

I called Airtel CC few times and was finally told that, if it errored out, I wont be charged.

22nd August - I saw in my credit card 'unbilled transactions' that I was charged for the amount.

I immediately called up Airtel's CC again and lodged a complaint.

23rd August - Late afternoon a person from Airtel called me and said that the issue was resolved and the installation will be made on 24th August.

I also got a sms in the next hour giving me my coustomer ID.

24th August - The guys came home and installation was done by around 11am. And was told that the service will be activated by that evening.

25th August - Since the service was not activated, i called up the CC again and to my horror was told that I also needed to produce some PIN number which I never got. Again I lodged a complaint and was told that it will be resolved by 26th morning.

26th August - I have called couple of times and no one has a clue on what has to be done. They can see the money in my account, but no package information. It was the same thing on 25th. All they do is ask me for a pin number which I never got. They seem to tell me that they will escalate the issue, but im not sure thats happening.

Does anyone know whom I may contact so that I can get this resolved? I have been quite irritated by this issue. I definitely dont want to spend my time on a trivial issue of getting a cable connection at home.

Will keep this thread updated.

UPDATE: Finally it was done yesterday afternoon. Still not getting all channels, but think thats going to be a totally new affair.

Back