Airtel Fixed Line / Land Line Dynamic Locking

theoracle

Adept
I am a Airtel Broadband subscriber for the past couple of months I started noticing that some random calls are getting added to my bill which I never made, since the calls were within the free minutes limit I didn't even notice it for sometime.
Recently when I randomly picked up the handset, I could hear a conversation going on when I made some noise and asked who they were they disconnected the call.
Based on these facts logged a complaint with Airtel, and as expected from Airtel they closed the SR saying there is no problem with my connection and this issue of somebody else making calls sing my number is not possible. As expected I am still facing this issue of some morons using my landline to make calls, I think these calls are made by some dishonest airtel employees.

I found out that there is a feature which allows me to set a lock code and block all landline calls. So for now I have locked all calls from my landline with a secure code, and would advise other Airtel broadband subscribers to check the itemized bill for these kind of problem.

Skipped escalating the issue with Airtel as I don't have time nor patience dealing with their customer care.

These are the steps that needs to be followed for Airtel Bangalore users to activate this security feature:
Secure your phone calls. Dynamic lock allows you to lock STD/ISD and local calls selectively with a password.

• To register your dynamic lock password, Dial 123 followed by 0000, and then your new password and #
  • To change your password dial 123, followed by your old password and then new password and #

To activate the Dynamic Lock, dial 124 followed by your password and the service code as defined below.
For Fixed Line Numbers beginning with 49, dial 124 followed by *, then followed by your password – and then the service code as defined below.

0# : all calls allowed
1# : Lock STD/ISD
2# : Lock Trunk and Premium Calls
7# : Lock Calls to Mobile, Wireless Lines and 95 numbers
4# : All calls locked.

Emergency calls are allowed in all cases.
Airtel Link

Back