Airtel introduces ‘V-Fiber’ tech for fixed broadband to offer 100 Mbps speeds

Anyone using the v fiber? How are the speeds? Currently airtel is offering the new modem for rs.1000 (Rs.200 split across 5 billing cycles)
My DL speed is 16Mbps but UL sucks and tops out at 1Mbps.
Anyone using this new modem? If so what are the DL and UL speeds. Will opt for it even if UL improves to 8Mbps.
I dont think you need fiber for 16mbps, that can be done over DSL, are you sure you are getting the FTTH?

I dont think you need fiber for 16mbps, that can be done over DSL, are you sure you are getting the FTTH?

I am currently regular airtel ADSL. DL is 16Mbps and UL never crosses 1 Mbps. I am currently not using V-Fiber. None of my friends with regular airtel ADSL get high UL speeds.[DOUBLEPOST=1482950758][/DOUBLEPOST]
Speedtested to multiple servers as well as Steam downloads.
Download:27-29 Mbps
Upload: 7-8 Mbps

Thank you. Thats a decent boost to the UL speed. Will make uploads to clouds and video chat quality much better. Thank you.

Got the modem and plan changed today,at CHennai, and Im getting speeds slower than what I was getting before!
DL: 6-7mbps
Ul: 4-5mbps.!

Old plan was 8mbps.

Called up Customer Care and I get the generic BS about underwater cable being cut! WTF!

I am currently regular airtel ADSL. DL is 16Mbps and UL never crosses 1 Mbps. I am currently not using V-Fiber. None of my friends with regular airtel ADSL get high UL speeds.[DOUBLEPOST=1482950758][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you. Thats a decent boost to the UL speed. Will make uploads to clouds and video chat quality much better. Thank you.

on copper line upload speeds are very low ..... on fibre u can get upload same as download.

Got the modem and plan changed today,at CHennai, and Im getting speeds slower than what I was getting before!
DL: 6-7mbps
Ul: 4-5mbps.!

Old plan was 8mbps.
Any idea what DL speed was promised? They're offering the new VDSL modem even to customers where 40Mbps is not feasible. The plus side is your UL speeds are a good improvement.

Any idea what DL speed was promised? They're offering the new VDSL modem even to customers where 40Mbps is not feasible. The plus side is your UL speeds are a good improvement.
Was told 40mbps but the maximum I'm getting is 8mbps, old plan, actual DL speed of 1mbps. I'm guessing I shud be getting somewhere around 5mbps actual DL speed if it was in fact changed to a 40mbps line.

Back