Airtel Speed Upgraded?

wtf airtel !!!

guys chk this out , i was on Turbo 1299 and now this shows up ...

2krc6a.jpg

Have you reached 100gb of FUP?,i suppose night downloads are free.
Call cc and clarify,also was your speed upgraded to 1mbps day and 2mbps night?

Srirama said:
Have you reached 100gb of FUP?,i suppose night downloads are free.

Call cc and clarify,also was your speed upgraded to 1mbps day and 2mbps night?
dude i'm on net for like 5-6 hrs a day average . no way i can hit 100gb in 30days.

i'm getting 1mbps throughout . earlier it was 512 day and 1mbps night , now it's like a 1mbps line .

should be getting 2mbps at night , from what i read ?

I'm getting 2mbps for the past one month on Torrent downloads only.

15 days back, my download speeds spiked up to 650kbps (approx) (on Torrents only, again)

Still the same. Using the 1Mbps Unlimited plan in Delhi.

Something's weird for sure. :D

kunallkw said:
dude i'm on net for like 5-6 hrs a day average . no way i can hit 100gb in 30days.

i'm getting 1mbps throughout . earlier it was 512 day and 1mbps night , now it's like a 1mbps line .

should be getting 2mbps at night , from what i read ?

Yes you should,call cc and clarify.

Airtel is really tried to move me to some new 1699 plan,2mbps till 40gb,then 256 kbps,wtf airtel :mad:.

I have said i dont want such idiotic calls,and was satisfied with my plan.

One more thing,i think this double speed thing is unofficial,he was saying again and again,i was on 512kbps day and 1mbps night

Here's what happened with me,

Like they had promised to double my speed in a weeks time, I got it done on 23rd August, exactly 10 days later. Day speed was bumped to 512kbps :mad: and night 1.9Mbps :D but, I was not happy with this as I stream a lot of videos during the day and 512 was unacceptable. The next thing I did was called up cc a couple of days later, placed a cancellation request and said that I will be moving to Reliance Broadband as they have better offers. I really don't know what happened to me and why I did this :S. Few days back the retention team called me and after all the discussion and me complaining, I chose to migrate to Impatience 1399+tax @ 20% discount. I was a bit worried about 25GB FUP but, the lady on the phone said not to worry as they will take care of it. So here I am, just got upgraded to 4Mbps :D:hap2:the highest speed that I have experienced on my PC.

I am now wondering if there is any double speed offer for this plan :p just kidding, I guess I am being a little too greedy now :ashamed:. Here is the speed test result.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Speed.jpg
    Speed.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 191
Srirama said:
Airtel is really tried to move me to some new 1699 plan,2mbps till 40gb,then 256 kbps,wtf airtel :mad:.

I have said i dont want such idiotic calls,and was satisfied with my plan.

One more thing,i think this double speed thing is unofficial,he was saying again and again,i was on 512kbps day and 1mbps night
its official.they themselves announced it

they make excuses like that,i too got alot of them.

Airtel sucks.

I had a really bad experience with them. FUPed me when I had not even used my connection. They called me for advertising their new plans, I told them to disconnect my connection.

Srirama said:
the lady said "the atmosphere is charged sir,It will be back to normal soon!"..:S.
Oh that's easy to explain. She had been fired badly by her supervisor and the general atmosphere was very tense because of the firing. But as usually happens in her office, the firing is meaningless because no concrete action is taken just like when they make promises to customers which they don't intend to keep.

Even I'm thinking of shifting to one of the 4Mbps plans to check if they are even bothered to apply the said FUP or not. My friend in Delhi is paying 1399 for his 4Mbps line and has overshot his FUP by miles. Anyone with similar experience?

My speed also got doubled for both day and night. I'm on Turbo 1299 plan. But now I don't know if they have made any changes to FUP :(

Earlier FUP limit was 100GB. Don't know what it is now.

Ok, my new all time high record after this bump now stands at 390GB down & 285GB up for one full month... Total 671GB transferred (Up + Down).... :hap2:

HailStonE said:
Ok, my new all time high record after this bump now stands at 390GB down & 285GB up for one full month... Total 671GB transferred (Up + Down).... :hap2:
Holy shit :O

Is that even possible @1mbps day and 2mbps night?

^.. Actually I am on Explore 1099 (384kbps day & 1Mbps Night). But now getting 1Mbps 24x7... Running a separate download rig 24x7 & actually getting 1.3Mbps (since AIRTEL always gives more :p)..

I am able to download ~12.6GB in 24hrs. Last month was 31 days so 31 x 12.6 = 390.6GB :eek:hyeah:

Similer calculations for uploads & by the way I am getting ~1Mbps upstream as well... :cool2:

Back