Airtel throttling EDGE speeds now?

Checksum

Skilled
I've been using Airtel EDGE services for quite sometime now. I generally renew the Rs.98 plan for which you get 2GB transfer per month. For the past week or so, the speeds were so terrible, even the weather widget on my Android phone would timeout! Speedtest app would show a speed of 7-10 kbps! Needless to say, EDGE was unusable on my phone and I was pretty damn pissed!

Today I gave CC a call and blasted them. I said I don't pay 98 bucks for something I can't use. Either fix the issue, or refund my money. The guy at the other end acted smart (as usual) and blamed phone issues, network congestion, blah blah.... I simply said either fix it, or refund my money and I will switch operators. Barely 2 mins after the call, my connection is back up, and I get about 110 kbps now!

Funny thing is my Mom is on Airtel as well, and her GPRS seems to work fine, and she isn't on the Mobile Office pack. So my guess is Airtel is now throttling EDGE speeds as well! Their service and attitude towards customers is turning from bad to worse! If they keep this up, I will switch both my broadband and my mobile phone connections to BSNL!

Has anyone else faced this?

yup, i had throttling issues on my dad's phone as well. about a week ago. Did the same, told them i'll sue them in court and its back up :p

Another day, same issue. Called them again, and same response. The speeds were back up for a couple of hours, and then down the drain again! This is getting really irritating :mad: I've written to the nodal officer. If that doesn't work out as well, I'm shifting providers. Enough of putting up with Airtel's pathetic attitude towards customers!

Back