Airtel to hike fixed line broadband rates from April by up to 40 per cent

You all Airtel Broadband users can easily get good discounts(minimum 20-30% guaranteed)
Follow the below steps :

1. Call CC and directly tell them that you want to disconnect the broadband.
2. If they ask reason then tell them its too costly & ABC providers are providing plans at XYZ prices(mention UNLIMITED speed, N0 FUP and LESSER plan price)
3. They will try to bargain with you, DO NOT settle at all.........go till end and lodge the request and note down request number.
4. Now next day or after 2 days, u will get call from Airtel Broadband Retention team to do not disconnect broadband. But be still on your words and say although Airtel services are best but it is now too costly to afford.
5. Now they will offer you some good discounts on your current plan (depending upon your negotiating skills) and may offer a whole new plan according to your needs at a very subsidized rates, Again don't say YES instantly.......hold them off saying its still too costly, my budget is LESSER than your plan price.
6. Finally settle for a good plan at a good discount and note down request number for ur future reference.
Enjoy new plan for 6 months, after that u need to repeat from step 1.

Disclaimer :
All steps are tried and tested for more than 2 years, in span of 6 years Airtel Broadband Service at my home.
Finally I had to leave Airtel BB as there is no high speed plans for unlimited downloads and pricier plans.

Nice @haris5sani
.. and if airtel argues TRAI has mandated FUP.. Ask them to tell that order no/File no of that TRAI order.
TRAI has never asked ISP's to apply an FUP, they are doing it to increase their margins. TRAI has never said FUP is good or bad, they said don't reduce post FUP speed below TRAI's definition of broadband i.e 256kbps then and 512Kbps now.

Their service is great and reliable, but they refuse to upgrade my bandwidth. I have been on 2mbps for almost half a decade now, and every few months I call to them to upgrade my bandwidth. Each time, a CSR calls me and says "saar not feasible, there is no demand from your area."

bleh

Is there any way to see actual Airtel broadband rates/plans?

For my chennai connection, i was on a 1099Rs plan (9 GB, 2mbps, 512kbps at no extra charge after FUP).
The cheapest plan according to their website, for chennai, was the rs.799 plan (3 GB, 2mbps, 512kbps at 20p/MB after FUP).

I called up CC and told them to shift me to the lowest plan, and they offered a Rs.599 plan (4GB, 2mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)
(Airtel UL Double Impact Plus 599 COMBO Plan - which i can't find online anywhere.)

Any idea where a customer could see such plans offered???? Its frustrating, and i feel like Airtel is cheating me by not disclosing when plans are available, and from where one can see the details.

Last edited:
Any idea where a customer could see such plans offered???? Its frustrating, and i feel like Airtel is cheating me by not disclosing when plans are available, and from where one can see the details.
They have hell lot of plans but they don't tell in public(coz FailTel is always money minded)

Instead of typing and living in frustration, just call 121 from Airtel mobile & Simply follow my above steps & you would be amazed that Airtel has very good plans & that too on discounted rates.

Mention No true unlimited plans, very less FUP, Torrent Throttling & recent hike in prices etc etc. to support your cancellation request.

Don't afraid that they will disconnect, they will call you thrice when disconnecting & even once disconnected they keep u on temp. disconnection, and you will get frequent calls with good plans to again come back to Airtel without any activation cost(500rs is activation fees once services stopped)

They have hell lot of plans but they don't tell in public(coz FailTel is always money minded)

Instead of typing and living in frustration, just call 121 from Airtel mobile & Simply follow my above steps & you would be amazed that Airtel has very good plans & that too on discounted rates.

Mention No true unlimited plans, very less FUP, Torrent Throttling & recent hike in prices etc etc. to support your cancellation request.

Don't afraid that they will disconnect, they will call you thrice when disconnecting & even once disconnected they keep u on temp. disconnection, and you will get frequent calls with good plans to again come back to Airtel without any activation cost(500rs is activation fees once services stopped)
Repeated post..

Well 3rd party Private operators like hathway, Act, Beam, BBNL are eating into the market share of Airtel, BSNL etc. They are providing faster speeds, better packages and good pricing. Let's see how long the oldies survive.

I really don't think they are going to face issues. Maybe in populated parts of metros, yes, where cable BB players can muscle in.
But elsewhere I see Airtel providing good service, like in my area of Chennai, where there are no cable operators and my only other option is Tata (crappy overhead cables) and BSNL (pathetic service).

Well 3rd party Private operators like hathway, Act, Beam, BBNL are eating into the market share of Airtel, BSNL etc. They are providing faster speeds, better packages and good pricing. Let's see how long the oldies survive.

Airtel would survive by increasing price for general consumers and giving hidden plans to consumers who want to quit the service. BSNL will survive by being the state-owned telecommunications company and enjoying.

Is there any way to see actual Airtel broadband rates/plans?

For my chennai connection, i was on a 1099Rs plan (9 GB, 2mbps, 512kbps at no extra charge after FUP).
The cheapest plan according to their website, for chennai, was the rs.799 plan (3 GB, 2mbps, 512kbps at 20p/MB after FUP).

I called up CC and told them to shift me to the lowest plan, and they offered a Rs.599 plan (4GB, 2mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)
(Airtel UL Double Impact Plus 599 COMBO Plan - which i can't find online anywhere.)

I don't know what the hell is going on.

Got a mail saying ive been shifted from Rs.679 plan to rs.649 plan, with an increase of GB from 3GB to 7 GB.

Spoke to them, was redirected to the retention team and they offered a 599 plan: Rs.599 plan (3GB, 2mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)
Spoke a little more and was offered Rs.499 plan (4GB, 1mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)

Was pissed, so just told ok. But i'm itching to call their cc and screw them more. :mad:

Got a mail saying ive been shifted from Rs.679 plan to rs.649 plan, with an increase of GB from 3GB to 7 GB.

Spoke to them, was redirected to the retention team and they offered a 599 plan: Rs.599 plan (3GB, 2mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)
Spoke a little more and was offered Rs.499 plan (4GB, 1mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)
What do these Craptel M*****F**** want to us to do with 4-5Gb?

^ Experience how a neanderthal would have browsed the internet, had it been there in the stone age.

Quite honestly, who are the people even deciding the policies on the data limit, or how the speeds are going to be incremented?
The other day i was reading somebody's explanation on reddit, that how India's poor bandwidth/plans for home users hampers their access to heavy content. Pat came the reply from some westerner .. 'I thought your country was known for its IT industry'

How come the dumb policy makers/custodians dont figure out that this question will come automatically in the minds of people who have heard of India as an IT hub, leave alone the trend that world is moving more towards HD images/videos etc. Dont they understand that providing a good connection in line with the world is a necessary thing to build an image of having atleast ONE industry which people associate India with?

There's has been a Culture going on from the past 6-8 years in the broadband Sector of India.
They treat Bandwidth as an Precious commodity. Beam never treated it as an Precious thing, look what's in the market.

TATA/AIRTEL/RELIANCE have been on the looting spree since a decade. Also,Blame it on the previous paralyzed GOVT, Internet Speeds and Connectivity continue to suck in this country.

Basically they treat bandwidth similar to how food is given using Ration Cards. Maybe we are still at war. I fail to understand the term "data limit".

Airtel's plans on their sites are a joke.

You will only get decent plans once you terminate their connection and their retention team gives you a call :p

Back