Airtel to hike fixed line broadband rates from April by up to 40 per cent

Spoke to them, was redirected to the retention team and they offered a 599 plan: Rs.599 plan (3GB, 2mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)
Spoke a little more and was offered Rs.499 plan (4GB, 1mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)

Was pissed, so just told ok. But i'm itching to call their cc and screw them more. :mad:

Now i get a call from the retention team today that their CC made a mistake, and that they can only offer me a Rs.549 plan: Rs.549 plan (3GB, 2mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)
With a Rs.100 waiver PER MONTH FOR A YEAR.

As said by Hari, I mentioned I wanted to disconnect, but he said if I give a request, it'll be automatically disconnected in 7 days, and i don't want that headache.

Now i get a call from the retention team today that their CC made a mistake, and that they can only offer me a Rs.549 plan: Rs.549 plan (3GB, 2mbps, 512kbps after FUP p/mb rate unknown)
With a Rs.100 waiver PER MONTH FOR A YEAR.

As said by Hari, I mentioned I wanted to disconnect, but he said if I give a request, it'll be automatically disconnected in 7 days, and i don't want that headache.
Relax, just continue this cancellation drama till the 5th day and see if they offer you anything better, if not, go with what they are giving you or tell them you do not want to cancel now and want to continue for a couple more months. Enjoy these 7 days of pampering where they will call you everyday and try to brain wash you into continuing with their service.

^^He is right, even u have given proper disconnection request, you will get so many calls from different persons requesting to continue the service and giving discounts.

I was getting calls, even when connection was disconnected and no-charge for renewing the services.

TATA/AIRTEL/RELIANCE have been on the looting spree since a decade. Also,Blame it on the previous paralyzed GOVT, Internet Speeds and Connectivity continue to suck in this country.

Hey, I used to live in sec 10 pkl in a friend's house and he had the thunder 650(699? not sure) plan. Now, the plan was to give 2mbps with no FUP, and it actually gave 2x of that. I used to download @ 480kb/s speeds and I did like 25gb~ per day. Guessing I got lucky :p I even saw his bill to be sure if the plan wasn't of some like 1100 where the speeds were 4mbps but it wasn't. Miss those lucky days xD But seriously though, reliance was good, though granted reliance's 3G services sucks donkeyz balls, even when they got the price up from 123 to 156.

Sigh. I was thinking of getting Airtel BB when I get back.
How much are the fees now?
Anyone here living in South Delhi? I might move to somewhere near City Walk mall.
Looking for 2mbps 50GB FUP connection landline broadband.

Hahaha. Pathetic as usual.

kWSYPMm.jpg

Local unlimited, 100Mb till 100GB > 512kbps The plan that's not even worth 3k.

100Gb would go boom in 10 days if I'd use responsibly. Loot and Put in Africa.

From 100Mbps to 512kbps?
If anybody has got the unquestionable right to be hauled with the proverbial joke 'They must be smoking some real good stuff'..
It has to be Failtel. Cuz one truly wonders who are the geniuses designing such 'plans'.
Makes my resolve stronger to keep denying them more business from my side at the least.

To complete the picture,making it worthy enough for internet joke--> 100GB download limit.
Another one for good measure u say.. ? Rs 6000 price :rolleyes:

Wonder when will the obsession with the so called 'Download limit', on an Unlimited plan, go away.

From 100Mbps to 512kbps?
If anybody has got the unquestionable right to be hauled with the proverbial joke 'They must be smoking some real good stuff'..
It has to be Failtel. Cuz one truly wonders who are the geniuses designing such 'plans'.
Makes my resolve stronger to keep denying them more business from my side at the least.

To complete the picture,making it worthy enough for internet joke--> 100GB download limit.
Another one for good measure u say.. ? Rs 6000 price :rolleyes:

Wonder when will the obsession with the so called 'Download limit', on an Unlimited plan, go away.

That's a disguised 512 kbps plan. Keep streaming a few HD stuff on Youtube and 100 GB will be over within a week. Rest of the month pay 6K for 512 kbps.

That's a disguised 512 kbps plan. Keep streaming a few HD stuff on Youtube and 100 GB will be over within a week. Rest of the month pay 6K for 512 kbps.

At 2GB/hour of 720p video, you're looking at around 50hrs. YouTube typically compresses it further and you can probably expect around 70-80 hours of streaming at 720p quality.

From 100Mbps to 512kbps?
Well Its Airtel AKA Craptel.

They're animals. The management are full of inhuman people. "We Earn and Dump in Africa" should be their tag line and not Express Yourself.

First of all if someone is going for 100mbps mean, It means he's a power user.
Spending 6k on a Broadband plan i expect the company to offer at least 400Gb of FUP. Plans are Entirely BS.
If i did compare with same Standard of service. I'l compare with beam's business plans I'd get 75mbps 400Gb > 10Mbps for the same price

At 2GB/hour of 720p video, you're looking at around 50hrs. YouTube typically compresses it further and you can probably expect around 70-80 hours of streaming at 720p quality.
Right and if don't do much downloads my 60GB at 3mbs+ exhausts in about a month before i get moved to 512kbs.

The biggest deterrent to downloads is having to watch youtbe in less than hd, for some videos it works but it can be a pain. Downloading + YT does not mix well.

Well, can always download YT in 720p but it does not have that instant gratification effect.

Right but in real usage the scenario would be a bit different as @swatkats mentioned. Moreover there will be multiple users consuming data.

Back