Airtel to Offer iPhone 7 & iPhone 7+. Infinity plan to offer extra 120 GB data

Airtel today announced it will offer iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Customers can order iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus now and both will be available in retail shops and online at airtel.in.

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus users can enjoy 10 GB free 4G/3G data per month for one year with any Airtel Infinity postpaid plan. The free data benefit will be over and above the plan benefits. Over the duration of one year, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus users on Airtel Infinity plans will get additional 120 GB 4G/3G data which will come around close to Rs.30000 as per sources.

Infinity plan users to get extra 120 GB 4G/3G data
Airtel Infinity postpaid plans offer unlimited voice calling – local, STD, and on national roaming – along with bundled 4G/3G data, SMS and free subscription to Wynk Music and Wynk Movies.

Source

At 10p/10kB ~ 10 INR/MB ~ 10000 INR/GB, its just a whopping 12,00,000 INR (thats 12 lacs INR, btw) for 120GB which you save by buying an iPhone with infinity plan.

facepalm

If an offer is too good to be true, & it's from Airtel, it feels like buying from Quickr or Olx... (makes me very nervous and insecure)

Hopefully, they won't lock the phone to only Airtel networks.
I doubt they will lock the phone, I'm sure it's not Apple offer they came up with this plan keeping JIO in mind. They want their customers to stick with them(airtel) or else once Jio is officially launched and have better plans for sure many are gonna port from their existing carries to Jio.

Bouncer.
b19cce99e6b997bd7e4a28419b1fb64f.jpg

Last edited:
Back