Airtel V-Fiber: Frequent Outages

Hi Guys,

I have been having frequent outages in my locality in Hyderabad. In the last 57 days I have had 6 outages with each outage ranging from 4 to 12 hours. I am wondering if this is localized issue or is it happening all over Hyderabad? The outages have occurred as follows.
  1. Oct 15
  2. Oct 22
  3. Oct 24
  4. Nov 8
  5. Dec 9
  6. Dec 11
Airtel is excellent when it works but the long and frequent outages are PITA. Now that Airtel is introducing VoWifi calling shortly it is even more reason for me to stick with Airtel v-fiber as our mobile connectivity inside the house is poor.

I sent a mail to the AP nodal officer and 121@in.airtel.com asking for an explanation. I hope they will respond.

How did they get resolved. Can you give more details like reason given and did engineer visit or they sorted it at their end.

I also had a lot of issues with Airtel V-fiber (the VDSL one with speeds upto 40mbps) but ever since upgrading to regular FTTH (100mbps) the connection has been rock solid.

Their nodal officers actually do help though, hell I called and complained enough they they actually installed a better booster on their 4G tower near my house to fix some connectivity issued on my phone.

How did they get resolved. Can you give more details like reason given and did engineer visit or they sorted it at their end.

One thing I really like about Airtel is they are upfront in accepting their mistakes. They also intimate outages even before the end user realizes. The general reasons for the outages are as follows.
  • Fiber Cut
  • The power cable fell on the Fiber cable and burnt it
  • The junction box got fried and they had to place an internal requisition order to get it replaced which took around 12 hours
  • Emergency Port reconfiguration
All issues were sorted at their end. I think the days of the engineer having to visit customer premises are gone unless there is a fiber cut inside customer premises.

When my service got disrupted on Nov 8th I asked them for a root cause analysis. Apparently they called me the next day but could not get across to me. They did provide what the root cause was yesterday when I called them as they had it noted in their system. They even waived my full month's subscription charge due to the frequent outages.

I did get a call from their nodal office yesterday assuring me that their technical team will call me soon and let me know what actions they will be taking to ensure that these issues are addressed.

One thing I really like about Airtel is they are upfront in accepting their mistakes. They also intimate outages even before the end user realizes. The general reasons for the outages are as follows.
  • Fiber Cut
  • The power cable fell on the Fiber cable and burnt it
  • The junction box got fried and they had to place an internal requisition order to get it replaced which took around 12 hours
  • Emergency Port reconfiguration
All issues were sorted at their end. I think the days of the engineer having to visit customer premises are gone unless there is a fiber cut inside customer premises.

When my service got disrupted on Nov 8th I asked them for a root cause analysis. Apparently they called me the next day but could not get across to me. They did provide what the root cause was yesterday when I called them as they had it noted in their system. They even waived my full month's subscription charge due to the frequent outages.

I did get a call from their nodal office yesterday assuring me that their technical team will call me soon and let me know what actions they will be taking to ensure that these issues are addressed.

Sounds like more of a local issue then. Fiber cut or cable going bad is common and happens now and then. I had it twice in 2 weeks but they fixed it on priority.
I know Airtel support is one of the best and its better to stick to them than anyone else unless other provider in your area is solid. I dont trust Jio / Hathway or any other provider just for the customer support

Hi Guys,

I have been having frequent outages in my locality in Hyderabad. In the last 57 days I have had 6 outages with each outage ranging from 4 to 12 hours. I am wondering if this is localized issue or is it happening all over Hyderabad? The outages have occurred as follows.
  1. Oct 15
  2. Oct 22
  3. Oct 24
  4. Nov 8
  5. Dec 9
  6. Dec 11
Airtel is excellent when it works but the long and frequent outages are PITA. Now that Airtel is introducing VoWifi calling shortly it is even more reason for me to stick with Airtel v-fiber as our mobile connectivity inside the house is poor.

I sent a mail to the AP nodal officer and 121@in.airtel.com asking for an explanation. I hope they will respond.
I'm amazed to see so many outages. My experience with airtel albeit non fiber is a max downtime of 8 h in the last ten years. Sometimes there is a problem at night but its very rare

I will stick to VDSL and not bother with fiber if this is going to be the expected experience. It reminds me of the cable wallah i had prior to getting airtel that is before 2006. I'd be on the phone to those idiots at least once every two days all for a wonderful 64 kbs experience

I'm amazed to see so many outages. My experience with airtel albeit non fiber is a max downtime of 8 h in the last ten years. Sometimes there is a problem at night but its very rare

I will stick to VDSL and not bother with fiber if this is going to be the expected experience. It reminds me of the cable wallah i had prior to getting airtel that is before 2006. I'd be on the phone to those idiots at least once every two days all for a wonderful 64 kbs experience

no this is not the experience with v fiber. its rare when it goes down and when it does, they resolve it quickly.

Back