ALFA IRLA Mumbai , Anyone ?.

Hi guys, I was looking to buy a nice 32 or 40 inch LED TV but have a modest budget. So started looking around for Grey Market in Mumbai for Televisions and only found Alfa at Irla in Vile Parle. So has anybody ever bought a TV from here?. How much of a price difference can I expect from them ?.
Consider an example, if a TV costs 40,000 in a normal retail shop, for how much will it be available there?. And how is the buying experience ?.

Also if you know of any other grey place in mumbai, navi mumbai , please do tell me.

Thanks for your time.

Hi guys, I was looking to buy a nice 32 or 40 inch LED TV but have a modest budget. So started looking around for Grey Market in Mumbai for Televisions and only found Alfa at Irla in Vile Parle. So has anybody ever bought a TV from here?. How much of a price difference can I expect from them ?.
Consider an example, if a TV costs 40,000 in a normal retail shop, for how much will it be available there?. And how is the buying experience ?.

Also if you know of any other grey place in mumbai, navi mumbai , please do tell me.

Thanks for your time.

Alfa offers cheaper rates for its products if you buy them even WITH bill if am correct. i had also been there once for TVs and they showed me a list of them with prices mentioned alongside each model's name.

Alfa offers cheaper rates for its products if you buy them even WITH bill if am correct. i had also been there once for TVs and they showed me a list of them with prices mentioned alongside each model's name.

Thanks for the reply.
Wont be a huge difference with a bill. Not worth it I feel.

What did you buy eventually and how much of a difference was it from the retail market?.

Thanks for the reply.

What did you buy eventually and how much of a difference was it from the retail market?.

don't mention!
i had been there to buy an LCD-LED TV (sony EX520 & to check a few other LG & samsung models), but eventually bought a plasma TV from croma.

i also had bought my PC speakers from them. those speakers were (and still are) rare to find in the market, and they cost me about 2-3k cheaper with bill & warranty-card than the contemporary MRP in the market.
for TVs, price-difference won't be as substantial or huge as in the case of billed product v/s non-billed, as you wrote.

I have brought most of my cell-phones & a Nikon DSLR + 55-300mm lens from Alfa. Never had any problems.

As for LED/Plasma TV's - I would hesitate (unless I was keen to procure a model that's not easily available in our market).

Try the LG-Shoppe's - You can bargain & get a good deal lower than the MRP (10-20% - depending on the model & season - Diwali/Holi/etc). They also provide easy & affordable EMI options (through bajaj finance). This bargaining is not possible from Croma, Vijay sales or Ezone.

Regarding size 32" or 40/42" or 46/47 ..... Go for the largest real-estate that you can push yourself. Watching full HD movies on large screens is a visual treat.

Lastly - a distance of 6-8 feet is sufficient for 46-55" screens (I know there would be many who would contest this .... However, I stand by what I said) - especially, when watching 1080p content only.

Cheers
Terry

Alfa was the cheapest and still is, with or without bill. There was a time when Electronic good were substantially cheaper then other retail shops, but since Retailers have pruned their margins the difference is not much, but it still is the cheapest. Products like Bose which are never discounted, are available at a considerably cheaper price at Alfa.

For financing options, best to visit regular retailers

don't mention!
i had been there to buy an LCD-LED TV (sony EX520 & to check a few other LG & samsung models), but eventually bought a plasma TV from croma.

Thanks again.

I have brought most of my cell-phones & a Nikon DSLR + 55-300mm lens from Alfa. Never had any problems.

As for LED/Plasma TV's - I would hesitate (unless I was keen to procure a model that's not easily available in our market).

Try the LG-Shoppe's - You can bargain & get a good deal lower than the MRP (10-20% - depending on the model & season - Diwali/Holi/etc). They also provide easy & affordable EMI options (through bajaj finance). This bargaining is not possible from Croma, Vijay sales or Ezone.

Regarding size 32" or 40/42" or 46/47 ..... Go for the largest real-estate that you can push yourself. Watching full HD movies on large screens is a visual treat.

Lastly - a distance of 6-8 feet is sufficient for 46-55" screens (I know there would be many who would contest this .... However, I stand by what I said) - especially, when watching 1080p content only.

Cheers
Terry

Hi thanks for replying,
Well was looking for a Sony or Samsung primarily. Hardly get any discounts from Sony either from official shop or any dealer or retailer.The discounts offered by LG shoppe are almost same as what retailers already offer in my place. And besides do not know if I ll get a decent TV in my budget. I agree when you say Full HD should be seen on a TV as big as possible and there should be a minimum distance. But again budget is a constraint (30k approx :unsure: ).

Alfa was the cheapest and still is, with or without bill. There was a time when Electronic good were substantially cheaper then other retail shops, but since Retailers have pruned their margins the difference is not much, but it still is the cheapest. Products like Bose which are never discounted, are available at a considerably cheaper price at Alfa.

For financing options, best to visit regular retailers

Thanks for the reply, that is nice.
Well am not looking for any EMI or something, its just that for a TV, I can muster only that much.

How modest is your budget?

30k approx, max to max can stretch to 35k :unsure:

Thanks for the reply.

There was difference of about 13k, when i purchase my tv, but the tv was above 2lac, don't know if they can duplicate the same amount of discount for your choice of TV

You can get a 40 inch Samsung/sony led at 33-35k from grey market which normally costs 52-55k in showrooms, i dont have any idea about alfa and mumbai grey market.

Thanks for the reply, hope I can get something like that here :).

There was difference of about 13k, when i purchase my tv, but the tv was above 2lac, don't know if they can duplicate the same amount of discount for your choice of TV

Thanks for the reply,
You bought with a bill right?. Am sure you did.
With a bill they reduced 13k is a pretty nice thing.
But am not sure how much would they reduce on a 50k TV.

Back