Alienware India, is it worth ?

fiazio

Disciple
Here is the quote I got:

Alienware - Aurora Base

Intel® Core(TM)i7-920 Processor (2.66GHz, 8MB)

Aurora CPU Liquid Cooling Heatsink

Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)

1 Year Premier Service - Retail

Satin Black Chassis 875 Watt Power Supply

Dimension Desktop XPS-Large Tower Handling & Insurance Charges(India)

Alienware OptX™ AW2210 21.5†Full HD Widescreen Monitor

6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory

500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing

16X DVD + /-RW with Dual Layer Write Capability

19-in-1 Hi-Speed Media Card Reader

1024MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTS 240

Integrated 7.1 Audio

Alienware Standard USB 2.0 Keyboard

Alienware Standard Optical Mouse

Dell 365 Bluetooth Card

McAfee(R) Security Center(TM) 15 Month OEM

Price- 125350 RS

Is this price worth what they're giving or making a custom would be more cost effective ?
Thanks

Building your own would save a lot. Just mention your budget and requirements and wait for members to suggest you configs.

Do not buy it. A custom build PC would smoke that sh1t away anyday.

A big NO NO for Alienware Desktops. And GT 240 in a 1.2L rig? Wtf.

at that price you can have a 24" Dell Ultrasharp LCD,a ATI 5870,Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU,Liquid Cooling (although i prefer air),SSD & all the kickass products available on the market today..

my personal experience says that always buy those components which you can utilize at it's max..

if you don't game then it doesn't makes sense to buy 5870 & i7 & liquid cool it..

to me it's just a show off & waste of money as well..

first of all think about your requirements & use the template for asking for a PC config. it will help you in a better way..

+ 100 for a custom built PC assembled yourself as well as researched on the net and verified on such Forums

You could probably manage 2 systems in

Price- 125350 RS

Probably you would need to leave out the water cooling, and custom sleeving (if they do it). Also that GPU is really weak. Though I wonder what PSU they are giving..? 875W.

dude the only thing alien about that rig is its casing... u can get a better comp for that price except the casing... and if u want the same config, u can save a lot assembling a comp....

CPU : Core i7 i920 D0 2.66GHz - 14.3k

Mobo : Gigabyte EX58-UD5 - 16.1k

RAM : Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit - 8.6k

Cooler : OCZ Vendetta 2 - 2.5K

HDD : Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB - 4.3k

Sound Card : ASUS Xonar DX - 4.5k

Speakers : Logitech X540 (5.1 surround) - 5.1k

SMPS : Corsair TX850W - 7.8k

Keyboard : Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 - 1.1k

Mouse : Logitech MX518 Laser - 1.5k

Gfx : Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 - 15.8k / Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 - 22.9k

Cabinet : Lian-Li PC-A71F - 15.5k

Total : 97.1k / 104.2k

GT 240 for 1.25L . WTF ?

Don't go for that Alienware rig. Go for Custom builds .

If you like my custom build , it can be tweaked more according to your needs.

Do you still wanna go for Alienware crap ? If you wan't cheaper cabinet , say here .

I dont think Its not Alienware's fault. I think that by the time they cleared all the red-tapes to get across this side, there model had aged but not like wine :D, but for the worse.

askids said:
I dont think Its not Alienware's fault. I think that by the time they cleared all the red-tapes to get across this side, there model had aged but not like wine :D, but for the worse.

I don't think that you are not smoking anything. :eek:hyeah:

Alienware desktops never has been worth it. People raving about the case should see what some good modding can do(although i do agree, its quite sweet, though still not good enough to even remotely consider an Alienware PC).
Wait. This applies to all branded PCs. -sigh- If only you could build your own laptops....

Amien said:
I don't think that you are not smoking anything. :eek:hyeah:
Good one :eek:hyeah: Thats what happens why the browser stops responding and you have to switch to another browser and copy the contents :)

Amien said:
Alienware desktops never has been worth it. People raving about the case should see what some good modding can do(although i do agree, its quite sweet, though still not good enough to even remotely consider an Alienware PC).
Wait. This applies to all branded PCs. -sigh- If only you could build your own laptops....
People end up paying for the brand and that's sad, but true. If someone has more than enough cash to burn, then who is going to stop them.

BTW, my first laptop was a custom built one, but from one of the small online dealers in US. They used the Asus barebone laptop set and allowed end-user to pick and choose. I ended up getting a better configuration (and saving some $$) than a similar ACER laptop. It was AMD Turion based laptop.

Back