Alienware is Setting Up Their First Ever Gaming Cafe Internationally, in Bangalore

Re: Alienware is Setting Up Their First Ever Gaming Cafe Internationally, in Bangalor

Playing at parlors is almost a luxury, most gamers have the hardware and play from home. So unless they have rock bottom rates, it wont fly.

imo

PS : Nice avatar. =D

Re: Alienware is Setting Up Their First Ever Gaming Cafe Internationally, in Bangalor

Like our friends said, its success depends totally on the pricing model.

Think about it, unlimited gaming in the comfort of your home versus timed/paid/limited gaming in an impersonal setting.

I disagree. Success of a gaming cafe depends on the regulars/group hanging out there. Of course pricing has to be competitive. But if you have regular gamers visiting place often and small (weekend) tournaments are organized, it will always be full.

Moreover, the place can also be doubled up as a retail store for dell/alienware, which is the primary goal of Dell.

I think it should fly.... Not everybody has an ultra high config setup to play modern games & with Multiplayer on LAN it should be quite addictive. I'd seen a video long time ago of one such parlor with Xbox's & people playing HALO on it... It has the ambiance of a lounge but with full blown Trance & House tracks... :)

^ In india ? sounds good ! There's this BLURR in Chennai as well which i guess is lot bigger and lavish than this Alienware cafe.

well i am planning somewhere in bandra if my budget permits

Investment wil be around 1-2 crs

just thinking twice as Reliance Zapak is very Good

less investment

Good Pcs and many more ...

isp is again reliance ,so u get pings of 10-15 on steam servers for Cs etc

Confused :S

Why Alienware systems then? Would the investment not be substantially higher compared to assembling some top-end systems and using licensed OSs and games on them? Apart from that extra bling I don't think there's anything you are missing out on such a setup. Some decent displays for the PCs, trance tracks and a cafeteria in the corner and you are set.

Back