Alienware M11X

qsahmed

Disciple
Hi

My Cousin is coming from the states so he wanna know if the alienware m11x is worth the money or not ....

the main specs are

Intel SU7100 - 1.3GHz (1.7GHz OC) - 3MB Cache

Nvidia GT335M - 1GB Memory

4GB DDR3 800MHZ Ram

160GB HDD

etc etc

total = $1030 ~ 49k

or is there any better laptop with better config but same size (or same weight) and same battery life....

Simply put, it isn't. I'm sure there are better laptops available in the US, sporting a Core i5 processor, 500GB hard drive, Radeon 5 series/nVidia GT2xx series graphics for a lot lesser or a comparable price.

Alienware definitely trumps with the coolness factor..But if gaming performance is the main preference have a look at Asus G60VX comes with a GTX260M for $850 at BestBuy.

If you do not want to Game much on this laptop, then I believe this should be a perfect laptop for the price point. If you were to do the basic tasks on the PC other than the gaming or hardware-intensive applications, this laptop will be the best bet with the acceptable processor, massive RAM, reasonable Gfx card for the form factor and the coolness factor it offers with such an affordable price tag. The looks are just Killer!!

i got this sheet today from the dell showroom in ahmedabad.

colour options available are black and silver and are in stock.

i saw it,i felt it,i touched it and i fell in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have never wanted anything so badly in life!! the last time i had that feeling was when i laid my eyes on the 8800gt almost 3--4 years back.

its not configurable not even the alienware name tag below the laptop if you buy the ones in stock already at the store. if you want the name tag with your name on it - dell will charge you the same but you would have to wait for 5-7days for it to be delivered.

here's the price sheet -

btw this laptop can handle almost any game at max settings.

Its worth it i mean its weight and size are good enough to be taken anywhere and it has more than enough GPU power to run most games.

Now the C2D CULV CPU that people dont think is good enough to run games are quite wrong well off course its not as powerful as a i5 that the new m15's boast but its still quite capable expect a hit on max fps due to the slow cpu

I hope it reaches India with a similar price tag but that is not gonna happen :(

its no longer the most powerful gaming in the sub 15 cat . look for asus model as said above. standard asus warranty will be different when bought from bestbuy

Back